Chapter 6

While waiting for Draco to come back,Hermione went outside and sat at the nearby bench while waiting for him. Just then, Ron came over and asked,"May I have a sit?"
  "Sure,"Hermione replied awkwardly. "Look Ron, I am not dating Draco or anything, I just doing him a favor, that's all, he doesn't want to be go to the ball with Pansy, that's why he asked me to the ball."  Ron stared at her for a while without uttering a word. "In the first place,why do you even care about whether he has a date or not?" Ron finally asked, ruffling his ginger hair a little.
 "I...I wouldn't have a date if you went with Lavender." she paused for a while.  
"I just don't want to be alone,Christmas is special to me Ron,you got to understand,"she added.
"But... I am going to ask you to the ball Hermione, not Lavender, I love you not her." he whispered lovingly into her ear. His hot breath tickling her ear lobes.
Crystal beads rolled down Hermione's rosy cheeks," Sometimes, I do feel the same way too." Her make-up did not wear off as it was waterproof and smudge proof as she had cast a spell on it.
"Honestly, I don't know Ron,maybe we are not meant to be together."she whispered back.
Hermione stood up and left Ron alone with his own deep thoughts about Hermione.

Draco's point of view
  He was looking for Hermione. After a while of search in vain,  he went outside and saw Ron with Hermione, talking. When he took a closer look, he saw there was tears Hermione's face. He frowned. Did that idiot bully Hermione? No sooner, Hermione stood up and left Ron alone. He hurried after her after she left.
"Her- Granger!" she called out to her. Hermione turned around and spotted Draco.
"Oh, there you are," she gave a sad smile, wiping off her tears with embarrassment.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you see me in this.. this kind of situation," she avoided his eye contact as she ruffled her dress slightly. 

Hermione's point of view

"Her-Granger!" She heard a voice calling out for her. She turned around and saw Draco,
"Oh there you are,"she said giving him a sad smile and wiping off her tears in embarrassment. Did he heard what he just said? He almost called me Hermione. she thought.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you see me in this... this kind of situation," she avoided eye contact as she ruffled her dress slightly. Draco asked her if she wanted to dance and Hermione agreed.