Chapter 17

"What the-" Ginny gasped when she saw Hermione with Draco hidden in a deserted broom cabinet.
"What happened?" she crouched down beside Draco and examined him.
"I found hm stupified under a bush in the forest. Like what you said," Hermione explained, her eyes not leaving Draco.
"Then why did you bring him here?" Ginny exclaimed in a small voice.
"I've no where else to bring him!" Hermione retorted.
"Hospital Wing, Slytherin common room, to any of the professors, Sprouts, McGonagall, Trewnaly whoever! Or you could just leave him there! Why on earth would you bring him back? You're over with him. Remember? You're with Ron! My bro Ron! Hermione, do you get it?" Ginny exclaimed all in a breath. Hermione stared at Ginny, not saying a thing. I'm with Ron. Ron Weasley. This is Draco. Draco Malfoy. Hermione cleared her thoughts but new thoughts entered her mind. Worser thoughts. Did I get together with Ron in a fit of anger? To spite Draco or something? Am I using Ron? How could I?
"No... no..no..." Hermione muttered to herself.
"What? Mione'? What? " Ginny shook Hermione slightly.
"Huh? Um... nothing..." Hermione came back to earth.
"Your heart is still with Draco. Right?" Ginny gave her a stern look.
Yup. She said it. The answer right at the bottom of her heart confirmed it.
"Yeah." It just came out of Hermione's mouth. She didn't even know she said it. But that was her answer. Her true answer.
"Hermione Granger! On impulse you got together with Ron! Now what? You gave him a little hope and now your crushing it yourself." With that, Ginny left. Hermione was left there in shock. She had never seen Ginny so annoyed before. Ginny had never ever even slightly raised her voice to talk to Hermione. But just now, she was literally glaring at Hermione. I guess that's kinship. It overrules everything. Ginny and Ron's sibling relationship overrules Ginny and her friendship. She wasn't that shock. But she at least hoped Ginny could understand her. She was hurt in her relationship with Draco, that was why she kissed Ron. To extinguish the flame burning inside her. She used Ron. She used Ron's care towards her to make herself feel better. She was such a terrible friend. Hermione burried her head in her hands and sighed. What can she do? To make everything alright? Go to Ron and tell him straight in the face she used him? She wasn't going to back out on him, all at once. Maybe slowly? She didn't know. She was on the brink of tears.
"Mione' I'm sorry... Mione'?"
Hermione looked up and saw Draco. His eyes were fluttering open slowly.
"Draco... oh draco...." Hermione flung at him and hugged him tightly.
"You're finally awake," she kissed his forehead. Then it all came back to her. All the mean things he said to her that day. She pulled away from him and wiped the little drops of tears from her cheeks away.
"Why are you avoiding me?" Hermione asked. Draco got up drowsily and whispered, " I don't want you to get hurt."
Hermione felt a feeling rush up her body. She didn't know what kind of feeling it was.
"Don't be silly. If I am with you, I won't get hurt. I know you're worried about your past. But I don't care. If I truly loved you, I wouldn't mind. I know you changed, you cared," Hermione looked into his stormy grey eyes. She pulled out the charm bracelet from her pants pocket and hung it in front of him from her index finger.
"I reckon this is for me?" she asked gently.
"Yeah, it was supposed to be for you," he replied.
"Put it on for me," she said, handing him the bracelet. Draco took it from her and secured it around Hermione's petite wrist.
"Thanks," she smiled.
"Now Draco-" Hermione paused for a while, shifting herself closer to him.
"-don't ever do that to me again. Let me tell you this. Listen closely. I love you Draco Malfoy. You're my one and only. Don't hurt me, okay?" Hermione snuggled into his arms.
"I saw you kissed Ron," Draco said.
"You ain't replying my question," Hermione stated.
"I saw you kissed Ron, what was that kiss suppose to be about," Draco asked.
"It was nothing. I just did it without thinking. Now you tell me about what happened to you," Hermione looked at him.
"I don't wanna' talk about it," he replied. Hermione got it and didn't ask further.
"And to the previous question... you haven't answered it," Hermione said.
"I would never hurt you and... I love you. I love you so much," he moved closer and their lips connected. Their skin grazed against each other as they wrapped their arms around each other. They pulled away about a couple of minutes later and they placed their forehead against each other. Their lips a few centimeters away and their noses grazing each other. Hermione loved that moment. She knew she chose Draco and had to make it up to Ron. She would do anything to make him feel better. But she wanted to be with that platinum blonde haired bad boy. She cherished every moment with Draco and she never wanted to leave that broom cabinet. She wished time would freeze so she could stay with him, never having to face the outside world.