1.From the South Winds

Sword practice, again. It was definetly my hugest hobby. I was only 12 back then and all I thought about my future was to be like my teacher, the young man I always admired. In my eyes, he was the best at it. I liked the way his face shined when it came to anything that had blades, especially swords, thin bladed ones. He was one that enjoyed his job indeed.

Back to that day when I was still 12, I already knew I was engaged, but I was never told to whom. My father said that he wouldn't tell me until I turned 13, which was about to happen in a few weeks. All those years I had waited for the day to meet the person I would spend my life with. Was he a noble, like me? Surely, it couldn't have been otherwise, unless he was rich beyond my dreams. Nobles also used to get married with rich merchants, but I didn't like the idea of having a normal life. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I couldn't live without luxury, but I would have stop seeing the people I loved and doing the things I liked, trading them for a far away place with stranger people. I wasn't the kind of person to accept changes easily if I didn't have to.

While I was blade-conversating with my beloved teacher, my mind jumped to another dimension and I lost my concentration. I suddenly thought again about the one chosen to be my groom. I wondered if he was old, that I admit was not of my please.

Before I realised it, I fell on the ground, avoiding my teacher's blade. I just couldn't react. He lend me a hand, helping me to get up.

- My dear apprentice, I think you had enough for now. Let's call it a day.

- I appologise, it won't happen again- I said lifting my sword, ready to star over.

- No, that won't do you any good, you ought to rest. It's late, we shall continue tomorrow.

- But...- I replied, putting on a sad puppy face.

- No buts, Missie, I'm the one to decide when a lesson is over.

I had no arguments against his words, whatever he said was law (during his lessons). I always obeyed him, after all, besides being my teacher, he was the person I so much admired. You could say I loved him, but in an innocent and childish way. I was kind of innocent for my age, after all, I never had had any bad experiences with people, I had a happy childhood, not overprotected but still pretty controled. Hey, I was the only child of some rich nobles, I could have gotten kidnapped or whatsoever.

At those times, I could have never expected what was about to come over me. But I can say I needed that experience to wake me up from my perfect world and show me reality beyond my rose garden. It was finally time, my father then decided to take me with him on a journey. But let's take one step at a time. Some other things happened before that and need to be told first.

My beloved teacher was invited to stay for dinner that evening. My father knew how much I would appreciate that and he did it for me, although my father was also pleased with him. He was kind, he had manners, he taught me well...and always wore a smile and a huge contagious optimism, besides his good looks.

No wonder I liked him so much, right? He seemed perfect.

During dinner time, my father asked me about my progress. "Since that's the only thing you want to dedicate your time to, you better become good or it's off to dance lessons, art lessons, flute and piano lessons, singing lessons..." he enjoyed reminding me, knowing that it really scared my heart out of me. It was bad enough to have home lessons instead of going to school like everyone else...

- It was fine- I answered avoiding his gaze.

- It doesn't sound like it- he remarked.

- I fell once- I admitted.

- I don't understand why are you so passionate about it. Is it really for self defence? What if you don't have a sword when the time comes?

- I'm also teaching her how to avoid the blade and to get it from the opponent- my rescuer intervened.

- Tell me, Jasy, what's your true motivation?

I hesitated not knowing if I should give my long-kept-inside honest answer. I was sure he would laugh at me; even though my father was a very correct and mannered person, I knew he would laugh. Don't picture him like a serious and scary man, it's just that he was polite and mostly smiled instead of laughing. That time however, he would laugh. I was positive of it. But I still gave it a chance.

- I want to be able to fight pirates when necessary- I stated trying to look serious so that my father didn't think I was kidding.

And as I expected, he laughed.

Nothing else came out of my mouth regarding the subject ever since. We just dropped the discussion and that was it. My teacher, on the other hand, looked interested in my answer, but I was no longer willing to open the subject again. One thing I did have to tell him was the reason of my concentration loss. That very night, before he would head home, I felt like telling him.

- You know... You know- I stuttered.

- What do I know Miss Jaselly?

- Jasy will do, if you'd be so kind. You know I'm engaged to someone, don't you?

- My appologies, but your father has strictly given me orders about how to adress to you, Miss. And yes, I do know, you already told me once you were 'a bride to be'. Or so you said. Is that perhaps what caught your mind during practice?

- It is indeed. I was thinking I know nothing about him, he could be an old man!- I grimaced with disgust.

He stared at me for a few seconds, actually feeling sorry for me.

- Want me to kidnap you?

- Yes, please- I answered to his attempt to making me feel better.

- Say no more, I'm actually considering doing it- he chuckled.

I couldn't help giggling . He actually made me feel better.

- I like it more when there's a smile on your face. And don't worry, your father cannot have such a bad taste. Hopefully- he bowed and kissed the back of my hand-. I will be back tomorrow. Wait for me. We will have a special training, it will help you recover.

Do you still wonder why I admired him? Because I think it is pretty obvious.

A sudden warm air that came out of nowhere wrapped me and then left moments later. It was as if it wanted to warn me about something. My young teacher in sword art frowned, looking disturbed by something I couldn't tell.
- It's the winds from the south- he said looking at the distance-. It might not bring summer alone with it.

"But do not worry, you're safe as long as you stay where you are."

First wattpad English story! Please read and vote! I really need it. Thanks for your time.

*bowing like a lad*