2.10. Counterattack

That week I had tried everything that came to my mind in order to make him fall in love with me, but he always managed to notice it and make me blush about it instead of the other way around. An example is the time I tried to surprise him with a homemade cake.

- Do you like it?

- Is this your first time?- he asked.

- Why, yes, is there a problem?

He made me taste it and I found nothing wrong with it.

- What is the matter?- I asked.

- There is a sweeter dessert I'd rather have instead- he smiled while I went closer.

- But how am I supposed to know...?

- Oh, you already know.

- I do?

He pulled my face closer and caressed my lips, making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

- Won't you give it to me?

I wasn't sure if I should play along or act upset and make him eat the cake to please me. I turned red while he made me sit on his knees and waited for my kiss.

- This is unfair, you were supposed to fall in love with my baking skills- I complained.

- It's called counterattack- he winked at me-. If you still want to please me with something sweet you know what to do.

I gave him a quick kiss and ran to my room, preparing for the next plan. The next day, I decided to use the one-kiss-a-day deal to surprise him. I went to his room in the morning thinking of waking him up with a kiss, or rather just give it to him and later that day he would ask me for one but I would tell him I already did it. My heart was beating fast as I opened the door and approached him. Edward seemed to be sleeping. My lips were an inch apart from his when he slightly opened his eyes.

- What are you doing?

My plan had failed. But I did not wish to admit it. I did not want to tell him. But it was obvious.

- Just wanted to surprise you waking you up. I guess it went wrong- I said starting to pull back.

He took my hand and made me fall on the bed, next to him.

- Going somewhere?

I blushed and my heart was beating even faster than before.

- I have nothing else to do here...

- Oh, but you do. Why don't you finish what you were about to do?

He held me close to him. We were both lying down, he was lying on his side and I was lying on my back. He had his right arm around me and rested his head on the left hand. I was too embarassed to kiss him and refused to do it.

- Well you know what happens if you let me do it instead of you- he remided me with a dangerous look on his face.

- No! I will.

I kissed him and tried to leave, but he wouldn't let me.

- I barely felt that, are you sure you kissed me?- he was messing with me. 

I kissed him again, for longer, and when I was finally going to stop, he held my face against his, kissing me back. He let me go afterwards, and dismissed me with these words:

- That was not bad, let's do it again some time soon.

- You wish!- I replied, closing the door.

That day I tried to avoid his gaze and felt nervous about the satisfied smile on his face. The next day, I tried to take him by surprise again. I walked silently towards him and suddenly hugged him from behind.