5.If you win

I couldn't help wandering why was Derek wearing those clothes and was in a black flagged pirate ship. He looked at me as if he didn't know me and I decided to do the same, but I coudn't hide the horror plastered on my face of fighting him at a life or death situation. I knew he would win, but if I had no pride I had nothing so I couldn't show that in my mind I had already given up.

But seriously, why was Derek...?

I was staring at him like a fool without realising it. His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

- Don't be too full of yourself just because you won against some men with no real knowledge about the true sword art.

- I am not- I answered shortly.

- You'd better not, you would surely lose with such an attitude.

- I am aware- I looked at him lifting my chin, proudly, showing no fear.

- If you win, you get to talk to the captain and ask him for mercy, but if I win, I get to choose your fate.

- I thought if I won I would get to live- I mumbled.

- Don't forget your position, Missie, you are in pirates' hands now- he smirked.

I had never seen that facade of him, I always thought he was a fair player, a good person and all those things you think of the people you admire. To be honest, that smirk caused me shivers, but I wasn't exactly sure I disliked that feeling. It was so strange...

I wouldn't mind feeling that again, it was a combination between fear and fun.

But that wasn't the time for it, I could think about it when I wasn't at a life-or-death situation.

- Let's begin- I asked.

- I like your attitude- he answered.

The duel began and so did the crew's comments. I wouldn't differenciate their voices and had no idea who's side they were on. He moved faster that ever and he was unpredictable.

I started to take in consideration that seriousness he was attacking with. I didn't have time to answer back, I was too busy defending myself. I could never win like that even if I wouldn't lose, either. I tried to make a move but he dodged my attempt and moved forward, almost fiercely, trying to make me back up.

I tried to take advantage of the situation and moved fast towards his back but he stopped me pointing me with the sword while my hands were holding mine above the head.

He turned around and ordered me to drop the sword because it was clear as a cloudless sky that I lost. Then, he sentenced:

- You will remain in the dungeon for now, we shall see in what way you may be of use to us. If that's okay with you- he added, rising his head towards the captain, who was already watching us since the duel started.

He nodded and came down to the central deck. Then I realised he was the man I saw at the harbour that day and invited me to see his ship. Derek knew him? Was that the reason why he dragged me away from him?

- What's your name, young lady?

- Jaselly Willows.

- I see- he mumbled- Jaselly... Well, I can say I was impressed by your demonstration, you defended yourself quite well. Listen, men! I will tolerate no harm upon her. If you touch her I will see that you also get touched. Get it?

- Aye, captain!- was the general answer.

I was confused, why was a pirate captain on my side? "Maybe he likes me", I thought, "maybe he thinks I'm useful..."

As I was analysing the situation, Derek took me to the entrails of the enormeous ship and put me in the dungeon. He tied me up and closed me in.

- Derek... I don't understand...

- It is as it seems. I'm a pirate. I didn't want to take this job, but I lost my place as teacher because of your vagaries. So I didn't find any other job and I had to call off the wedding. I took the only job available. She wasn't supposed to find out, but she did. My girlfriend broke up with me because she didn't agree with me being a pirate. I hope you are happy now, you got what you wished for.

- How did you know...?

- It was obvious you didn't want her to take your place. It's called jealousy.

I felt bad for him. Nevertheless, I was hiding a smile from him, because he would no longer marry her. Although, I was starting to realise how important could be for someone his job, it really meant a life and all his plans to him.

- I'm sorry- I whispered sincerely.

He left without even looking at me, which made me sure he was taking revenge on me for messing with his plans for the future, his relationship and his life. He was doomed to live a pirate's life, and so was I.

But, was that his first time as a buccaneer?

Please vote! It would mean a lot to me!

*Bowing like a lad*