3.7. A new dawn

I had to admit he worked hard to get to me, he did what he could for 2 years, risking to leave me with Edward and his fears came true. He waited for so many years and lately, after I became single again he tried to get closer to me in a way that wouldn't be so bold. He gave up his ship to rescue me by risking his life as well and got the County back for us. Even though he said he'd only share it if I were his in order to convince me to marry him, I knew he did it for me and maybe even for Edwards last wish. We both made it possible. However, his attitude made me not want to give up easily.

- You can stay here all you want, but you are just wasting your time- he held my chin and looked at me in the eye-. You and I both know you are just trying to delay the inevitable. I can make you happy, give you everything you need, take care of you, love you, take you on adventures, comfort you, listen to you, make you feel safe, learn new things together...

He stopped when he saw tears in my eyes and didn't know how to interpret it. I couldn't help but think everything he said sounded so beautiful, I really wanted that, I missed that... But maybe that was not what he understood.

- Either you don't believe me or you are still thinking of my brother. It seems he won't stop being an obstacle even after he died.

- Don't talk about him that way!- I inmediately reacted-. It's not like you are any better, waiting for him to be out of the way to get me!

- And I won't forgive you for talking to me like that!- he grabbed my face and it hurt a little-. May I remind you I let you go because you asked me to the day of the wedding?

- It's not my fault you didn't get there before it was too late! I waited for you long enough, you should have never left me alone!!

I fell back on the sofa and he almost fell on top of me, but he avoided it placing his hands at the sides of my head. My tears were rolling down my cheeks, wich had become as red as a rose after I realised what I had just said. I wanted to look away, but my eyes kept staring at him, curious about his reaction.

- I had promised to come back for you, didn't I? So, tell me, did I keep my word?

- Yes...

- Didn't I promise you I'd come back for you again after I left you to get married?

- Yes...

- Did I fail to do it?

- No...

- So... who is the one here who didn't keep their word? Who didn't do their part to wait?

- Mm...

- Who?

- Me...- I looked away, embarrassed.

- So how is it that you always end up blaming me, Jasy?

- You shouldn't have left me alone from the beginning...

- I ended up finding that out on my own, but it's still no excuse. I was heartbroken when you chose Edward over me.

- I couldn't help it... I was alone with him for a year, I tried to resist but lots happened...- I tried to excuse myself, but it didn't seem too believable-. And you were late, I thought you wouldn't come back...

- I am here now, don't you want to start over?

Before waiting for my answer, he gave me a short kiss.

- Don't think that you can convince me like that.

- I wasn't trying to convince you, I don't need to.

- I hate you- I blushed, looking away.

- I'll make you a deal.

He let me sit on the sofa and he sat properly too.