8. As one of them

- And what if I refuse to marry him?

- Then you will stay as my prisioner forever.

Prisioner... Being a pirate at Derek's side? It didn't sound so awful...

- I would be a pirate?

I just HAD to ask.

- Do you really like this?- the captain seemed confused.

- I don't mind being one of you. As long as I am respected as the lady I am.

- You will get the respect you deserve.

He smiled. It looked like he spoke seriously.

- That is, you don't need to worry about your dignity. You will be treated like a person who deserves respect, but not anymore as the rich girl you are.

- I will work if that is what is required.

- And dress more lightly.

- I am okay with confortable clothes.

- And you will take all of my orders as your captain.

- Aye, sir- I said greeting like a soldier.

- Good. You are already getting used to it.

I stepped out of the room at the same time Derek came in and before the door was closed I overheard a few words between him and the captain.

- Did you tell her the truth about her fiance?- Derek asked.

- Now is not the time. I will, eventually, but let's have it her way first, it might be fun.

- She will hate you when she finds out.

- Wouldn't that be better for you two?

- No, there is nothing between her and me...- Derek tried to justify himself.

- Save it. You know I can read you like an open book. Don't forget who I am.

- I hate you.

Derek's voice didn't sound exactly mad. It must have been irony. As I went to one of the ship's edges staring at the horizon, all the other pirates congratulated me.

They knew.