2.6. Trouble begins

That night, we arrived to the port. We didn't leave the ship there, of course, pirates were illegal, so we dropped the anchor at a certain distance and we got off in some boats and arrived at the shore.

- Where are we?- I asked Derek.

- On an island where pirates come and take supplies and rest.

No, that wasn't the best place for running away. I would have to wait for my next chance. I had a chance that night, but it certainly was not what I had expected. There was another familiar ship not far away. I stopped to look, but Derek pushed me gently into the inn. We sat to eat and drink. I was between Derek and the wall. It was unusual to see young women there, except for one or two that were taken as prisoners and entertainment until they got the ransom money. I felt bad for them. One was even younger than me. Derek went to talk to someone and I took the chance to sneak out and get the girls to follow me while the others were distracted.

- Hide over there, I will talk to my captain and I will come back for you and take you home.

The girls were still scared and did what I told them without saying a word. It must have been recent. I was going back when I bumped into someone. The pirate grabbed me by the wrist and took me back inside.

- There you were. You thought you could escape, didn't you? Where is the other one?

He mistook me for one of the prisoners.

- I'm not yours- I said-. I came with...

Suddenly, he slapped my face and I fell down. He was really strong. I had never been slapped before. It was shocking for me.

- How dare you slap a lady?- I said getting up-. You are not going to get away with this.

The man looked at me and laughed his lungs out. His comrades, hearing it too, started laughing as well. I put my hands on my hips, pretty upset about the situation.

- What a foolishly brave young lass. Are you sure it's one of ours?- said a pirate to the one that brought me in.

- Yeah, the other ones were really scared to say a word- said another one.

- Well do you see any other lasses around?- he answered and then turned to me-. If you aren't going to tell us where the other one is, you will have to be the entertainment for all of us in her place too.

He took me up stairs and that is when I started to panic.

- Derek!! Help!!- I yelled as loud as I could.

The pirate pushed me into a room and threw me on the bed. I didn't even have time to react. He tore my dress apart and just when he was taking off my underwear the door was kicked open and Derek came in.

- What do you think you are doing?- he said punching the man-. She's mine!

I covered up with some sheets, scared and embarassed. I fixed my underwear so that it would stay in place and looked at the dress. It wasn't wearable anymore. I was too shocked watching them hit each other, but when the man seemed defeated, I started crying. Derek came to confort me and embrased me.

- It's okay now, I'm here.

- I thought I... I...

- It's over now. I'll find you a dress, but for now, you will have to wear some pirate clothing. It will be more confortable for you and they won't mistake you again for a prisoner. Stay here, I'll be right back.

He left the room and I was afraid the man would get up and come for me again. He got up and looked at me.

- You should have said you were his lass. I wouldn't have messed with another pirate's lady, just as I wouldn't forgive anyone touching mine if I had one.