2.12.The surprise trip

I packed my things and had them brought to the carriage. Edward would not tell me where we were headded to, I was to discover it on my own. The ship we travelled on was his enemy's, the one he took revenge on. He got along well with the crew and so did I. No one was allowed to say a word about our destination. Everything seemed so misterious. I wondered and wondered: where were we going?

I spent long hours staring at the vast ocean. Seeing Edward by the helm reminded me of the first time I saw him on a ship. I remembered I barely made it alive. They took piracy pretty seriously. He said it was for revenge, but he became a real pirate, along with his brother Derek and the rest... Derek... It had been so long since I stopped to think of him. I had just realised, I was so into Edward I forgot the promise. I was doubting. What would I do when the time came?

"Choose Derek, of course, you waited for so long, you promised, and Edward doesn't even love you", said my mind.

"Just choose the one you love" said my heart.

"But what if I have feelings for both?", I asked myself, confused.

"At the right time, you will know and choose", both my head and my heart agreed.

I went up to the quarterdeck to talk to Edward.

- How much longer? I lost count of the weeks we have been at high sea.

- Patience, my dear. We're almost there.

I was happy to hear those words, I believed he meant them.

- Less than a week?- I smiled.

- Less than a week- he smiled back.

- I was wondering, about the first time we met on your ship... Was it a coincidende? You did order to kill everyone...

- Certainly, I did not know that was the ship you travelled on. I was told you would come some days later.

- I was lucky to be brought on board then- I replied-. Thanks to Derek's sword lessons...

I stopped talking when I realised the effect his name had on us. It was really unconfortable. He smiled at me, showing me it was okay.

- Yes, I am thankful for that as well. Now, how would you like to have a little sword practice with me?

I agreed. I was curious of how it would turn out. It was fun and even romantic. There was chemistry, the look on his eyes as he was blocking my attacks and returning them gave me shivers and I liked it. Sharing moments of action with someone could really build a special conection. He wasn't giving it all, so neither was I. We were just having a bit of fun. But then, he started to hit harder, probably wanting to finish the fight if not make it more interesting. I tried to keep the pace, and just when I was starting to get used to it, he went even more agressive. I wasn't so strong as to resist much longer. I would have to think fast of a way to either find a weak spot or be faster than him.

- You are so atractive when you get serious... seriously playful with me- I struck.

I took advantage of his surprise hearing my words and threw away his sword. He was impressed, but he wasn't going to give up so easily.

- Well done... But you see, you didn't win- he said, causing me to start doubting.

Edward quickly moved my hand away from him and pulled me close to him. I was blushing. His hand was stronger than mine, so he moved it together with the sword towards my neck and kept it there no matter how much I struggled.

- Not fair, you are supposed to win when you leave the opponent defenseless- I complained.

- But you see, I wasn't defenseless, you are. Either way, I have to admit, you did quite a good job. But you tried to play a trick on me by making me lose my focus, so I returned the favour. I think we both agree the looser owes the winner a prize- he claimed.