Seventeen

Life has been hectic for Luke. He spent the whole week at Ruth's boutique, getting photoshoots done for her upcoming menswear line. He was hired by the woman as soon as she saw his first pictures. She was amazed with his work, not much young models makes this good pictures on first or second click. 

They went trough the most part of the collection but had to re-take a couple outfits due to bad lightening or funny spots on the camera lens. Ruth had someone over for hair and makeup everyday and Luke wasn't joyful to see them. Having sticky and powdery substances plastered on your face when you're under hot lights, it gets a little sweaty. Plus, you can't crash straight into your bed when you come home, you need to take all of this off. 

With all this running arround, catching busses, coffee drinking and busy photoshoots, Luke came home knackered every nights. He forgot about his dinner with his mother and even meeting up with his boyfriend. 

It was in Ashton's favor because the young photographer has been super busy with school work this week. He, also, has been running arround all week. His model cancelled last minute and he had to dig trough his friends to find a replacement. He would've asked Luke but he prefer to not bring him into his school work, not wanting to blur things between them. And the boy was busy modeling for Ruth. 

As for Calum and Michael, Luke decided to ignore them for the moment. Not that they tried to contact him anyway. Things blew up between he and Calum last week and it didn't end well. The black haired boy is the kind of person who will wait for others to apologies even if it's his fault. Too bad for him, Luke isn't gonna apologies for standing up for himself. 

And Michael, well... 

''Luke! Hey,'' a voice called on the other side of the street. Luke took a look arround, trying to find where the voice was coming from. His eyes landed on a blue haired boy crossing the road, walking in his direction, almost getting hit by a car. 

For a moment, the blonde hesitated wheather he should ignore him and catch the bus that's coming, not caring which one it was or face him, see what he has to say. Very tempted by the first option, he chose the second.

''Hi, Mike,'' he said in a monotone voice, not bothering to turn down the sound of his music. 

''What are you doing in this part of the city?'' he asked with an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

''I got a job.'' 

A snicker left Michael's plump lips. ''A job? Where. Are you the new barman at the pub down the road? I've heard they were hiring earlier this month, the paper was retired when I went last night.''

''No,'' Luke replied, scrunching his nose. ''I hate pubs, I'm not gonna work in one, idiot.'' 

''Oh, right, I forgot. We never hang out anymore, where have you been?''

''Here and there, you know. Trying to get somewhere in life.'' 

''Stop fucking with me, Hemmings. I never see you in town anymore. You stopped texting me.''

Only half of Michael's acusations are true. Since meeting Ashton, Luke is less likely to go out at night. He enjoys spending a night in with the college student, watching movies or simply talking about nothings. 

Life feels so much lighter with Ashton. 

His friends are no longer pressuring him to find someone to hook up with for the night or subtly trying to match him with someone they knows. He's not judged on his leisuring attire or going to numerous castings every weeks. Ashton doesn't care what Luke looks like and he encourages him to go to castings. He want his boyfriend to succeed and be noticed for his talent.