Fourteen

''Have you spoken to Mike since the other day at your dorm?'' Luke asked to Calum as they were hanging out in a café not too far from college.

Calum shook his head. ''No, not really. I haven't heard from him actually. You?''

The blonde took a long sip of his coffee. ''Same. Not that I've tried to reach him though. I've been busy over the past days. My life got busier all of a sudden.'' A smile crept on his lips without noticing. 

''Really?'' Calum said, surprised. It's not often Luke has some positive news in his life.

Luke grinned, excited to share this news with someone. He wanted to tell Ashton last night but completly forgot. ''Yeah, I got an offer from a modeling agency. I have a modeling job, I'm starting in two days and I'm about to shit myself, I'm so nervous.'' Luke shoved his face in his hands, tugging at his hair lightly before releasing his blonde locks. 

''Why are you nervous? You're just going to stand in front of a camera and look pretty, it's not a hard task.'' 

Luke looked up, knitting his eyebrows together, slightly insulted. He's sick of Calum thinking modeling is an easy job, something anyone can do. Because it's not. ''I worked so hard to get this job, Cal. Modeling isn't all about being pretty. I'd like to see you try.''

Calum scrunched his nose. ''No, thanks, modeling is a girly job. I prefer buisness and marketing. At least I'm gonna make lots of money with that. And it's a stable job.'' A cocky smile rested on the raven haired boy's lips, making Luke'sannoyance degree rise.

''A girly job? Are you insinuating I'm girly?'' 

''That's not what I said, don't try twisting up my words, Luke,'' he said with a hard glare.

''I'm not twisting your words, I'm trying to understand your point of view and correct your wrongs about modeling. Models aren't worthless people. We are hardworking, creative and patient.''

''Hardworking?'' he tsked. ''Marketing is harworking. You should've signed up to college like me, Luke. You would've have a better chance in life.''

Luke wanted to smack that cocky smile away from his friend's face. He's tired of his constent rudeness toward him. 

So he snapped.

''You're so conceited, Calum Hood. You always lower others to make yourself look higher and better than everyone. Let me tell you something, you think you're the best guy in the world and everyone wants to look like you and stuff but guess what: not everyone wants to be you!'' Luke was harsh to his friend but someone had to put Calum back in his place. ''Now I understand why you chose this major, all buisness man are fucking jerks who think so high of themselves they could fly. I hope you knock your head in the sky fall down from above one day.'' 

Luke took his cup of coffee and walked out of the café without looking behind or having any regrets. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself because no one else will. 

He considered walking home after this arguement but Luke didn't want to be alone, not after fights. He hates being alone with his thoughts when it happens. Instead, he walked to Ashton's dorm, waiting for him in front of his door. 

The soon-to-be-photographer was currently at college but will be heading out soon. Instead of chasing him trough the school bulding, Luke decided that waiting for him at his dorm room would be easier. And if he doesn't come after half an hour, he'll send him a text, no big deal. 

  Ashton grinned when seeing his boy waiting for him in front of his dorm but his happy mood fell when he saw the upset look on Luke's face. He asked if he wanted to talk about it but Luke had shook his head, saying he just wanted to be with Ashton for the rest of the day and forget about life.