Eighteen

It was late when Luke arrived from his last photoshoot. He and Ruth were finally done. They went outside for their last two days, shooting in fresh air for the autumn lookbook of the store. Ruth is proud of her Aussie roots, she wants to show it in her posters/adds. The went in the outskirts of the city and took beautiful pictures of the scenery and nature, making sure it didn't overpower the clothing.

The blonde was so tired that he completly forgot to say 'hi' to his mother in the living room and went straight for the shower+bed combo. As soon as his head hit his pillow, he slept like a rock, forgetting about dinner. He was too tired to eat anyway, he would've gotten sick.

Arround three o'clock in the morning, Luke woke to go to the bathroom and felt a little old when he realised he couldn't fall back asleep imediatly... He tossed and turned but nothing worked.He sighed and decided to send a picture from today to his boyfriend who he hasn't seen in a couple days.

Ashton is on his finals week and he is very stressed and busy. He doesn't have time to spend with his boy and it drives him nuts. He feels bad for abandonning Luke like an old sock but the boy said it was okay and he was busy too with shootings so it didn't matter too much. He promised the old sock will go in the washer soon enough and it will be brand new and wearable again- erm, that sounds really weird... Whatever.

Of course, Luke wasn't expecting a reply soon - Ashton was most likely sleeping at this hour - but he'll see it in the morning and hopes to make him smile.

Luke played a few games on him phone, trying to pass time till he is sleepy again.

The second time he opened his eyes, the light was coming trough his window - he forgot to close them last night, again. The bright daylight was blinding him so he pulled the covers over his head, groaning, knowing he'd have to get up anyway.

He had the day off today and he was relieved. All he wanted to do was sleep, and watch TV. Maybe he could go to lunch with Ashton? Just maybe.

Luke grabbed his phone, unplugging it from its charger, checking his unread texts. He smiled, seeing he had one from his boyfriend and opened it first. Sorry, mum, he thought, ignoring her text. He'll read it after Ashton's.

From: Ashton

Aw, doesn't you look so cute! <3 It's a good thing to wake up to when I can't have my real Koala-bear... :(

His lips curved higher up and a rose flush colored his cheeks as he read the text. Koala-bear. Ashton gave him this nickname because Luke, despite his giraffe height, is very cuddle and loves to cling to his boyfriend whenever he pleases, reminding Ashton of a baby koala.

Ashton acts like he doesn't like being cuddled so much but Luke knows he loves it.

To: Ashton

Stop it... you're cuter <3 Let's have a lunch date, it's my off day?

Luke face-palmed imediatly after he hit send, not believing he actually typed that... Love makes you do stupid things.

He set his phone on his bed, lifting his arms over his head and stretching for a moment. There's no 'good' morning without a morning stretch, another of Luke's weird shit. It doesn't beat the sock one though...

The floor felt cold under Luke's feet as he slowly strolled to the bathroom, going for a shower. He's only going for lunch but he can't go out in public when he's smelly. Ashton might be repulsed by the smelly blonde, or not. Ashton is not like that. He wouldn't say that to him.

He scrubbed extra hard and skipped shaving because Ashton like the beard look on him. He slipped on a flannel and jeans and he was good to go.

His heart started beating faster when he saw his boyfriend sitting inside the small breakfast-lunch place the chose to meet and eat at. He was sitting alone at a table, sipping his hot chocolate - coffee is not good during finals, it gives a nightmare to his poor heart - while studying.