Eleven

After the accident that happened in Calum's dorm, Luke went back to Starbucks, waitng for Ashton's shift to be done. He doesn't want to be that kind of person who sits arround till their friends - or more - finish their work shift. This time was diferent, Ashton asked him to. 

They went to his dorm after he was done working and Ashton was relieved when he was it was empty. Chris was speding the weekend at his parent's house but things got sour and he was already on his way back. Luke closed the door behind him, taking off his jacket because Jesus, it was so hot in Ashton's dorm. 

''I have tomething to tell you, come sit.''

Luke couldn't help but wonder if it was good of bad new and seeing the nervous look on Ashton's face didn't help him at all. ''Did I do something bad? You're scaring me...'' 

They sat on Ashton's dorm bed, pushing random books and items of clothing asside to make more room for them. Ashton took both of Luke's hands in his, his hazel eyes searchign for the bright blue ones, staring into them as if they were the most beautiful color in the world - which they are. He kissed his knuckles tenterly, trying to reassure him that everything is good without actually speaking because let's be honest, it would ruin the moment.

He smiled stupidly, playing with the blonde's pale fingers before taking a deep breath, getting the famous words out. ''Will you be my boyfriend?'' he asked, never looking away from his eyes because only pussies can't look at their futur-boyfriend/girlfriend in the eyes when asking them. 

Luke stayed silent, staring at Ashton, jaw slack. ''I-I...'' he stuttered. ''That's not what I was expecting.'' 

''Oh, so it's a no?''

''No! I mean, yes! No! Ugh, this is so complicated.'' Luke face-palmed, groaning. 

He massaged the younger's hands with his thumbs, trying a method of relaxation so he can get the words out the right way. ''Slow down, babe. Take your time.'' 

Luke nodded. ''Can you repeat the question, pease?''

''Will you be my boyfriend, Luke Hemmings?'' he repeated, followed by an eye-roll. 

Luke grinned, leaning forward and pressing his lips on Ashton's, smiling into the kiss. ''Yes, yes, yes,'' he chanted happily. They kissed for a few minutes but didn't let thing go too far because Chris could come in any time, literally. Their first kiss was embarassing enough, they don't want a second take.

Instead, the cuddled on his bed, talking quietly and taking sickenly cute selfies. ''Oh, and my mum wants to meet you,'' he added, out of nowhere. 

  When Luke told Ashton his mum wanted to meet him and invited him for dinner on Sunday evening, he didn't expect this reaction. Not at all. Most would be frightened to meet your parents before the relationship status is established but not Ashton. In fact, he was very happy to meet Luke's mother. 

Liz went all out for dinner. She did a whole grocery shopping trip for the occasion. She pulled out her apron and started cooking very early in the morning to make sure everything was ready. Not to mention she took a day off work to meet the boy. It's a big event for the Hemmings family! Never once Luke brought a boy -or someone in general - home other than his friends. 

She started by baking all kinds of sweet goods for desert (brownies, mini ice cream pies, biscuits and even a strawberry shortcake where the strawberry were replaced by raspberries and blueberries because Luke doesn't like strawberries), following by the main dish.