Eight

The rest of the week was on the busy side for both Luke and Ashton. The semester coming to an end very soon caused the photography student's schedule to tighten and build up with project to hand to his teachers.

As for the blonde boy, he hung out with his friends who claimed to see less and less of him and assisted to diferent castings here and there, getting no answers or calls from anyone.

Despite their insane schedule (mostly on Ashton's part), they insisted on going on a date on Saturday. First it was Friday but Ashton had work that night so they moved it to the following day which is now, today.

Luke stood in front of the bathroom mirror, trying his best to fix his hair and look cute for his date with Ashton. Not that he need to do his hair or anything, Ashton likes him whatever he looks like. He always thinks he's beautiful.

Maybe he'll change his mind when he sees him with drool in the corner of his mouth in the morning.

He said he needed to dress casual but not too casual - it's not a date at the park. Clueless, he settled on a black button up shirt and matching skinny jeans, skipping on the rips this time.

''You going somewhere tonight? Have a great night with the boys,'' wished Liz seeing her son coming out of the bathroom all dressed up.

''Y-yeah?'' Luke wanted to slap himself for stuttering in front of his mum. He can't lie for shit, it's sad. He could've told Liz where he was going - or with who - but decided not to. It's not that he's scared she will judge him, he simply want to keep this for himself.

Secret meetings are so much more exciting anyway.

''Have a great night with Mike and Calum, honey. And don't be home too late, I don't like it when you're alone in the city at night. It worries me.''

''I'll be okay, mum,'' he promised, kissing her cheek and leaving to head to the small park down the road where Ashton will be waiting for him in his car.

  They drove off the city and took the highway for fourty minutes before entering another city Luke didn't see before. ''Where are we?'' he asked, not liking to be clueless about his surrounding. Ashton stayed silent, not giving away anything, making the boy sigh in annoyance.

''Stop those dramatic sighs, we're almost there.'' Ashton pulled in a parking lot but unlike last time, this one was actually clean and filled with other cars. Luke reconise the building as a museum or something alone those lines. They climbed a few stairs, their hands entertwined between their bodies as their walked inside. ''It opened last week. It promotes small artists like photographer, painter, sculptor, etc. and help them get known.''

''Have you ever been promoted here?'' Luke asked. ''Is that why you brought me her tonight?''

Shaking his head, Ashton pulled out the tickets from his pocket, handing them to the man at the door. ''Sadly no,'' he replied. ''I just wanted to show you this gallery. It's nice to have someone I can share my love for art with. Most of my photography friends are too competitive to have a simple conversation without arguing over who's the best.''

''Your work deserve to be exposed in a place like this.''

''It's a lot of hardwork to enter here, Luke. I tried multiple times but elas, I got rejected.''

Luke turned to him, frowning. ''Why did you gave up so easily? You should've keep sending them your work and-''

''No, it wasn't worth it. I'm kinda glad I didn't get accepted, my photographs were shit at the time,'' he chuckled. ''I was no Mario Testino at seventeen.''