Thirteen

Once again, Luke was woken up by a phone call on Monday morning. He wasn't happy about being woken up so roughly. Who likes that anyway? 

He reached blindly for his phone on his nightstand and slide his thumb over the 'answer' button. '' 'ello,'' he answered in a husky and sleepy morning voice. When there was no one talking on the other side, Luke frowned, groaning. ''I swear if it's you Mike, it's not fucking funny-'' Michael has the tendency to call people randomly and make prank calls when he's bored and Luke hates to be one of his morning victims. 

 ''Can I speak to Luke Hemmings, please?'' a female voice said. Fuck, this is not his friend. Awkward...

''It's erm, it's me,'' he replied, rubbing at his tired eyes, suddenly more alert. 

''Luke, it's so great to talk to you. I'm Carol from Melbourne Modeling. I've been hearing a lot of good things about a young boy from Melbourne in my offices recently and after seeing a couple polaroids you did at a few castings, you've caught my attention.''

Melbourne Modeling? Is this some sick joke?  

''I-I did?'' 

She hummed. ''Yes! I'm calling you to make an apointment in my offices so we can meet properly. I'm very interested in having you among my agency, Luke. I think we could do great work together.''

Luke's eyes light up at the possibility of working for Melbourne Modeling. Melbourne Modeling is a big company situated in Melbourne that hires models - it's an agency - just like Elite, IMG and others. It's a big milestone to achieve for Luke but it's not won yet. He needs to meet Carol properly and sign the contract.

''When should I come by?'' he asked, biting his lip in excitement, trying to not scream and jump arround like a school girl who just had her first kiss with the school's hottie. 

''This afternoon? Would that be possible.'' 

So it was schedduled, Luke will be heading to the modeling agency this afternoon, but not in this state... He was wearing basketball shorts and a tee shirt because it's getting chilly at night, boxers can't do it anymore. 

He slipped out of bed with a huge smile on his face, heading to the bathroom for a shower before getting ready for his apointment.

  Luke stepped inside Melbourne Modeling's building arround two o'clock. His apointment was at two-fifteen, he was on time! The inside was very clean looking and the walls were plastered with iconic photographs like Kate Moss, Claudia Shiffer, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Gisele Bundchen, Doutzen Kroes and more. The opposite wall was full of iconic men

''Can I help you?'' asked the lady at the entrance. He nodded, saying he has an apointment with Carol and she sent him to the sitting area because Carol was busy at the moment. Minutes passed till he heard someone clear their troath, making a weird chocking sound, earning Luke's attention. People are weird here... ''Mrs Holland will see you now,'' said the receptionist.

There was three flight of stairs till Luke reached Carol Holland's office. He knocked on the first door on his left, waiting for a 'come in' or something. He opened the door, walking in. Carol's office was much like the hall area downstairs. The walls were filled with photographs. ''Take a seat, Luke'' she said, pointing to the cushioned couches in front of her desk. 

It was nerve wracking to sit in Carol's office. Luke had to sit on his hands to not bite his finger-nails, a dirty habit he took over time. ''I've only heard of you since a few days and I'm impressed. How old are you, Luke?''