Six

Clubbing and drinking before a photoshoot is not the idea of the century. Luke isn't hangover but the lack of sleep is definetly kicking in in the middle of the afternoon during his photoshoot with Olivia. He's trying his best to not look tired and not ruin her photos - thanks for her sister, Marisa, who was on makeup duty! He'd feel bad if she gets a bad grade because the model looked like he got hit by a train.

''You forgot about the photoshoot, right?'' asked the blonde girl standing behind her tripod, cleaning the lens of her camera before storing it in her camera bag.

Luke shook his head, sheepish look on his face. ''Pfft, no...''

Olivia rolled her blue eyes to the ceiling, not believing him one second. ''You're an horrible liar, you know?'' Luke bit his lip, feeling bad for forgeting this. He promised her he'd be there in time but he wasn't. He was fifteen minutes late. ''I'm not mad. At least you're able to walk on your own and won't throw up on my decor. Last time I asked someone - he was my boyfriend at the time - he showed up two hours late and was still strongly smelling of alcohol and various girls's perfume. I dumped him right this moment. Asshole,'' she explained, shaking her head disaprouvingly. 

''That's worst than me.''

''Indeed! And he wasn't as good model as you. Too bad you don't swing this way,'' she sighed, pouting. ''I'd date you in an instant.'' 

Guilt filled his stomach. The girl passed a collection of shit boyfriends over her teenage and early adult years. Name it, she had it. Thief, drug addict, drunk, abusive, etc. Now, she's been single for a year and everything is going right for her. ''Sorry Olivia,'' he apologized.

She swatted at him. ''Don't be sorry for me, I'm good single! I'm enjoying life a lot more.''

When he left the studio, Luke headed straight to Starbucks. He needed cafeine to pass the rest of the day or he'll faint - more like fall asleep anywhere he sits down for more than ten seconds. It was a surprise to see Ashton there in the middle of the day. 

After last night's events at  the club, it wasn't awkward between them which was a miracle. Luke never dances like this with other boys. Nor does Ashton. Well, they do dance with others but not like this. It's never this intense. 

They happen to have this strong connection that close them from the outside world so it just them. Luke and Ashton.

 ''Don't you have classes?'' he asked, taking off his sunnies, hanging them at the collar of his black tee shirt.

Ashton was cleaning the counter. He tossed the dishcloth and cleaner asside, making room on the counter. ''Not today. Were you searching for me?'' He looked up, his hazel eyes meeting with the blonde's blue ones. The pairs of eyes were locked, staring intensly without blinking.

Luke shrugged, breaking the bubble. ''Not really, just asking.''

''You had another early day? It's the only ocasion you get coffee during the day,'' Ashton remarked. 

''Yeah, I had a photoshoot for my friend. It was... dificult. All these drinks are starting to make me regret drinking them now.''

''Headache?'' Luke nodded. ''Have you ever been told drinking when you 'work' the next day is not a good idea?''

The boy shuffled on the ball of his feet, scratching the back of his head. ''My mum reminds me often, yes.''

''Oh, so I remind you of your mum? It's a little unapropriate after last night, don't you think?'' Ashton had an eyebrow raised, looking at Luke questioningly. He was just teasing him but Luke gets confused easily when he's tired. And Ashton happen to like messing with him.