Twenty-two

On Tuesday morning, Ashton took a cab to the airport, not wanting to leave his expensive car in the parking, affraid to get it stolen or scratched. The Impala is important to him and he cherish it like it was his child. 

Chris was still sleeping when he left the dorm. He had planned to say goodbye but the guy wasn't very responding so whatever. He stung his bag over his shoulder, putting on his beanie to his his dirty hair - he's gonna be on a plane for hours, there's no point washing them -  before tugging at the handle of his large suitcase. 

The cab was waiting in front of his dorm building. Ashton loaded the trunk with his luggages and sat in the back. 

The drive to the airport was dificult. He was leaving Melbourne today for two months. Two months without seeing Luke, the cute boy he met and sadly lost. When the boy showed on at his studio on Sunday morning, Ashton was speechless. He didn't know what to say after hearing his apology. On one side, he wanted to jump in his arms and kiss him but on the other, he didn't.

Blurting out he was leaving for NYC maybe wasn't a smart choice. It definetly wasn't. The phbotographer was prepared for this but not Luke. He came to the studio with hope that he and Ashton would be back together after his speach but that's not what happened. 

Ashton decided to be truthful and talk about New York.

He knew he had to tell him at some point but that's not how he planned it to go... He wanted to have an amazing weekend together before unleashing the news. The first one being cancelled abruptly, Ashton didn't know how to announce the news to the blue eyed boy without breaking his heart. He knew he'd be sad but he completly crushed his heart Sunday. 

The worst in this is none of the boys spoke after the beast was unleashed. They simply stared at each other in silence before leaving.

When Ashton had closed the door, he let his back slide down against the door and sat on the floor, tears forming in his eyes before falling down his cheeks. 

Little did he know, Luke was just as miserable as him when he came home.

The city was still asleep as the cab drove Ashton to the airport. It was barely four o'clock and it was a struggle for the boy to keep his eyes open. Ashton's sleeping scheddule has been messed up due to insomnia/anxiety. He was stressed by the whole New York thing. He was going to go to this big city on his own and it's a little scary. He's never been to America before and hope it's as great as people makes it sound. 

The car stopped and he got out, tugging his luggages inside the airport. He was glad his flight was early because airports can be heavily crowded during the day which only agravate his anxiety. He found a bench to sit on and got out his passport and boarding pass from his backpack. He'll be needing them soon anyway.

Ashton watched people pass by as a plane just landed. It was mostly buisness man and a few college students returning home for the break. As the crowd discipated, the college boy spotted a tall figure leaning against a wall near another area of benches. He had his hood on, hiding most of his face.

The guy sat down after a moment and curled up on the bench, catching Ashton's attention. The action was familiar but it was early, it must be his brain playing tricks on him. These things happens at four am.

He stared at the boy for a moment and it became creepy at some point. Annoyed and curious, Ashton stood and walked over to the head to toe black dressed boy. The closer he got, the more he looked familiar.

''Luke?'' 

The guy turned and Ashton's heart stopped. ''Sorry, I think you took me for someone else,'' the guy said. He had dark brown hair and eyes; it wasn't Luke. This was very awkward for both the guy and Ashton. He was about to apologies when another voice spoke.