Chapter thirty

''What is this?'' Luke asked, eyeing the table set with two candles in the middle, two sets of plates nicely placed on top of a table cloth. He glanced at the clock that says it's five o'clock and smiled when realizing Ashton must be home.''Ashton?'' he called, taking off his jacket, throwing it on the head of the couch. The clothing slipped and landed on the ground but Luke left it there. He'll pick it up later. 

He knew the curly haired boy was there. His mother wouldn't set a dinner table for them, she's busy at the hospital. There was an accident on the highway and everyone was rushed to the hospital. She won't be home till ten o'clock or later, depending on how things goes. 

A frown crept on the blonde's face as he walking trough the appartement and couldn't see Ashton. 

Where is he?

Luke rubbed his tired eyes, walking into his bedroom. He just came back from a photoshoot in some tropical place and the trip killed him. Jetlag always wins. He's been gone for three days but it feels like ten. Right now, he just wants to undress and sleep for a month. 

But he can't.

From what he saw, Ashton prepared a nice dinner for the two of them and he'd feel bad for sleeping it off. He knows the boy is busy right now - graduation is in a month - but he still cooked for them and set up this pretty table. 

Maybe he can take a short nap? 

He pulled his tee shirt over his head, following by his pants and slipped under his comforter. He smiled, the scent of the older boy filling his nose as he moved and there's nothing better than this. 

Except the boy himself.

Ashton is not there though. This will have to do. Luke heard his phone buzz on the floor. He groaned and picked it up. 

From: Ashton

If you come home before I do, close your eyes and stay in your damn room! I love you and I can't wait to see you and hug you and kiss you <3

Luke chuckled as he read the text. He sighed as he turned off the small device. He missed Ashton too. Not like when he was in New York. That was a dark time he never wants to re-live. He always miss him even if they're ten minutes away. 

Half an hour after Luke stepped inside the appartement, Ashton followed with a grocery bag in hands. He grinned happily when seeing his boyfriend's familiar jacket in a pile on the floor. He took off his shoes before picking it up and placing it properly on the back of the couch. 

''Luke, babe, you there?'' 

Not hearing anything but silence, he shrugged and went to the kitchen counter to set the groceries and unpack. Ashton isn't the best cook but he if he follows a recipe, the result is going to be decent. He was proud of his meal and couldn't wait for Luke to taste it. 

He, however, was missing a few things for the desert so he had to run a quick errand to the store. He's never cooked for Luke before - you can't do much cooking in a dorm or a studio - but tonight is the night. Knowing the blonde model probably lived off take out meals and ate little during his trip, he wanted to cook a good meal for him so he can stuff his stomach all he want. 

When the desert was almost done and main dish cooking in the over, Ashton washed his hands before wandering in the appartement to find his boyfriend. 

A fond look appeared on his face when he saw him sleeping in his bed, one leg hanging off the mattress. Ashton chuckled, sitting on the edge of the latter, running his large hand over Luke's calve a few times till a satisfied humming was heard.