Chapter 24

"M-may I.."

"May you what babe?"

Victoria was so lovely, but I really wanted some time alone with Leo. But what do I say? Please leave your son that you have cared and nurtured for 14 years so that I can sit here crying over him even though this is all my fault and I could do with being hooked up to one of those life support things and having it pulled right now.

"May I.. Maybe.. Have a.."

"Harriet? Would you like some time alone with leondre?"

I gulped softly, and nodded my head. I bit my lip, and swept away a curl from my eyes.

"Of course love."
I exhaled, and thanked Vic. She left the room, and I looked over to Leo.
I then looked behind me, my mum was just sat there.
"Umm mum.."

"Yes?"

"May I have some time alone with Leo?"

She looked at me blankly, and left the room.

Strange woman.

But then, I heard a shuffle. I hadn't moved. I looked down at Leo's hand. It lay still for a minute, and then his finger twitched. I held it, intertwining my fingers with his.

inhale. exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Wait, are his eyes opening?

His eyes slowly started to budge, and slowly they opened.

"L-Leo?" I whispered.
"Harriet?"

"Yes"
His mouth slowly curled into a big, cheesy grin!

"What happened? Where are we?"

I exhaled, and squeezed his hand tightly. He looked at my hand, and squeezed it back.

"We're in the hospital. You were hit by a car when you were on your phone."

"But, why was I on my phone?"

I hung my head, and took a long, loud breath in.

"Y-you kissed Charlie's girlfriend. And you were trying to call me and I wouldn't answer and when I did it was your mum and she was telling me how you got hit and I had a panic attack and-"

"Woah, what do you mean I kissed her?"

"W-what?"

"When you were gone with Charlie. She turned round and just got all over me. And when I tried to pull away, you were at the door."

Oh my god. He, he hadn't?

"Oh Leo.. I'm so sorry! This is all my fault I-"

"No.. No princess. It's her fault."

"But I-"

"No. It's her fault. Not yours. Not mine.
Hers."

"Oh Leondre."

"Oh Harry"

Before I could speak anymore, Vic walked in.

"Who you talking to babe?"

"Leo."

I gave her a smile, and made way so she could sit in the chair next to his bed.

"Mother!"

"Oh my little lion!"

She kissed him on the hand, and I decided it would be best to give them some private time.

"Harriet, wait!"

It was Vic. A tear was running down her cheek.
"Thank you."

"No, thank you."

I turned my head to Leo. I mouthed a thank you to him, before walking out of the room.
He was okay. That was the important thing. He may not be as okay later. But he was okay now. And even if he wasn't okay, he would still be okay. He was Leo. My Leo. And my Leo is always okay. Even at times when okay is not the correct word, he will still make it okay. For us. And that's why I loved him, more than anything.