Leaving

Edited 9/23/2021

      "Honey, are you all packed?" My mother asks, peeking her head through the doorway into my room. "Yep, just finished up with the final few things." I reply, zipping my suitcase up simultaneously.

     "Perfect! Now get downstairs, we made your favorite dinner," and with that she is walking down the hallway. I sigh, lifting my suitcase off my bed and placing it by my bedroom door, all ready to go in the morning. I have conflicted feelings about my adventure that begins when I wake up tomorrow, the day I leave to travel the packs in hopes of finding my mate. Of course I have the expected excitement at the thought of finally finding my mate and living happily ever after. But I also have fears, am I ready to be a mate? Will he like me? Is he willing to rule with me?

     Shaking off these thoughts before I psych myself out of going tomorrow I head downstairs and to the dining hall. "Princess Elianna," the castle's cook Margaret says, bowing her head. She is the sweetest lady ever and makes the best cheesecake.

     I tilt my head in acknowledgement to her, "Good evening, thank you for making dinner. It smells delicious, like always," I compliment with a big smile. I sit down at the table next to my mother and father, both of them sitting up straight with an air of authority flowing from them. Which is to be expected seeing as how they are the king and queen of the werewolf world, leaving me next in line. I look around at the delicious food laid out across the table, my mouth begins to water and I dig in. The warm fettuccine alfredo and crisp caesar salad has been my favorite since I was a little girl and it always makes me happy, reminding me of simpler days.

     Grabbing a second serving before either of my parents could finish their first and possibly making a mess of my face, I hear my father chuckle, causing my cheeks to heat up. I hardly ever eat like this, but what else are you supposed to do when someone makes your favorite food?

     Waking up the next morning I am full of nerves. Quickly getting ready for the day I head downstairs dragging my suitcase behind me. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I see Jackson, the Royal Packs beta and my best friend since forever. His father stepped down early giving Jackson the rule of beta last year, soon I'll be the alpha as well as Queen of the Royal Pack where we will be working side by side.

     Dropping my bag down I jump into Jackson's arms and squeeze him in a large hug. "Hey Snowy." Snowy has been his nickname for me ever since we watched Frozen for the first time years ago, most of my friends call me Anna and Jackson put two and two together leaving me as Snowy. "You ready to go and find your mate?" He pokes me in the side, laughing, and then picks up my bag for me.

     "As ready as I'll ever be," I let out as a sigh. I step away from him and tears form in my eyes as I hug my parents goodbye, not knowing how long I will be gone on the hunt for my mate and when the next time I see them will be.

     "Well let's get going!" Jackson yells, pushing me out the door and towards the car.

     Once I am all situated and buckled in I turn towards the driver's seat to face Jackson. "Where to first?" I prop my feet up on the dash.

     Jackson laughs, shaking his head. "We are off to the White Moon pack," He replies.

     "Well let's get this party started then!" I lean my head back against the seat, and Jackson takes off. I see my parents through the rearview mirror outside the front door waving to me and I stick my hand out the window to wave back and yell a quick "I love you guys" before we are too far away. 

***********

A/N

Hey guys, thank you so much for giving my book a chance. I am in the middle of reviewing it and editing some of the chapter so bare with me, haha. Thank you again

Bye!!!