He knows

Dinner is now officially over and I am standing outside of Caden's office, preparing myself to talk to River. I decide that it would just be best to just go in. So I talk a deep breath, put my hand on the cool handle and step inside.

     As soon as I see Caden I can tell that River has already taken full control. As soon as he sees me he rushes up to me and pulls me into a hug. "Mate can't leave." He says putting his head in the crook of my neck.

     I wrap my arms around him and feel him pull me impossibly closer to him. "It's okay River." I say calmly, even though inside my heart is falls apart. I can't stand seeing River sad.

     "No it's not okay, mate is leaving River." I can feel him shaking as he says this. I try to pull back so I can see his face and talk to him, but I find even moving a centimeter away from him impossible.

     "River I don't want to leave. I will be back as soon as possible." I say. "I will cal twice everyday like I already said and you can call or text me whenever you want."

    I feel River sigh. "I know."

   "Well that's good." I tell him smiling slightly.

    "No, I mean I know."

     "What do you know?" I ask him, starting to get nervous.

     "I know everything...Elliana." He says whispering my real name. I gasp and take a step back, which he lets me do.

     "How do you know?" I ask, starting to panic. "I'm really sorry I didn't tell you-" but before I can finish he cuts me off.

     "I'm your mate Elliana of course I would know I can smell your scent even though you try to hide it." He tells me smiling slightly. "It did hurt knowing that you where hiding something from me, but I understand that you did it for your safety. But you should know I can protect you. Also you should know Caden won't be this understanding when he finds out."

     "You did not tell Caden." I ask shocked.

     "No, I knew you wanted to keep it a secret." He says pulling me back into a hug before whispering into my ear. "You should go to bed, you have to wake up early tomorrow, and I don't want mate to be tired." He says before stepping back. Making me smile a little at how caring he is.

A/N: Thank you all for reading this far into my book. I know it's not the best and the chapters are pretty short. But it means a lot to me that people are taking the time to read it. How did you guys feel about River in this chapter?
Bye!!!