Protect My Own Mate

That night when I went up to go see River again he already blocked Caden out completely and was sitting in the chair sadly. "Hey River, what's wrong?" I ask him, going up beside him and taking his hand. He looks up at me his face brightening a little, but he still looked very sad.

     "River do not want another mate. River want Anna." He looks at me right in the eye as he says this and it makes me sad also. "River will never find another mate, if you leave here River will be miserable. I will never talk to human again." I giggle a little. River was just so much better then Caden.

     "River I might have to leave because of the rouge attacks. I don't want to leave you River, I promise. But if I do I will call you every night and I'll make sure of that." I tell him pulling him into a quick hug. "So enough about me leaving," River growls and I cast him a playful glare. "Which isn't certain. How was your day?"

     "My day was okay. But why did mate not do paperwork in our office with us. Instead mate was working on stressful paperwork on a hard uncomfortable chair."

     "River I would have if I new you wanted me to. But where would I have sat? There's only your desk in here." I ask him. Feeling glad that River wanted me in here.

       "River would have given up my seat for you." He tells me. River was honestly so different then Caden. I wonder how Caden got such a good wolf.

       "River you are so sweet. I'll come in here tomorrow to work, okay?" Rivers face lightens up into a huge smile. "Okay!" I laugh wrapping my arms around River real quick before walking out of his office to go to sleep.

     The next day after training I was walking towards the dining room to do my paperwork again when I remembered what River said. I turn around and head to the stairs and start walking up, clutching the paperwork tightly to my chest. When I reach the door I knock on it lightly. "Come in." I here a voice mumble.

     I open the door slowly and then step in. When I look around I see that it's dark and gloomy in here. Caden's head is down while his head is down and he reading over a paper. "Hi, Caden." I say nervously.

      "Hello Anna, what are you doing in here?" He asks while looking up to meet my eyes.

     "River said that he would like me to do my work in here from now on, so... I....um decided to come." I say eyes nervously darting around the room. I hate that he makes me nervous like this.

      "Oh, well here sit down. I'll be right back." He stand up and moves all of his work to the side before walking out of the office. I set my papers down and look around. The blinds are closed making it dark and stuffy in here. I walk towards and open of the blinds. A blast of sunlight shines threw and I squint my eyes a little to adjust. I then unlatch the lock on the window and open it. Letting the slight fall breeze come threw.

     I turn around just in time to see Caden walk in with an extra chair. He looks towards the window then he looks at me. "I'm sorry it was just dark and-" but before I can finish he cuts me off. "No it's alright." He sets down the chair and sits down in it motioning me to sit down in his. I sit down ad get right to work.

       About two hours later I can't do anymore paperwork without exploding, good thing have finally finished all the ones my father has sent. I let out a big sigh while leaning backwards, popping my back. I look up at Caden to see him running his and through his hair. "I hate paperwork." I hear him mumble. "I agree." I say. I hear him chuckle a little.

       "I'm sorry I haven't been coming to training lately." He tells me.

     "Oh, no it's alright. Your the Alpha and by the papers on your desk it seems like you have a lot to do." I reply motioning to all the papers.

     "Ya I do have a lot. The only time I get off is when my family and I go to our cabin in the winter." He sighs before continuing. "Just over a month away. That reminds me, are you going to be here for Thanksgiving? It's in two weeks."

     "We'll see. I hope I will be able to." I tell him. "I hope you will to. Want to take a break from this and go on a run." He asks.

     "Sure, but let's go in human form."

      After we both went to our rooms and changed we met back outside by the front door. "Ready?"

     "Yep." I say back at him and he smiles before taking off. I catch up to him fast and we start running at a steady pace.

      After running for a bit we decide to take a rest by a tree and we just sit there in silence. Well that is until he decides to talk. "I am really sorry."

      "What are you talking about?"

     "I'm talking about when I rejected you. I was just really stressed out that day. I was afraid that if you really where an omega you would get hurt if one of the rouges found you. The only reason I rejected you was because I didn't want them to get you. After I rejected you I felt so bad and sad that I rejected you because I thought that I couldn't protect my own mate. But there is still some of the bond left, I can feel it, we still have a chance." He says scooting closer to me.

      "It's okay Caden. But when you rejected me it hurt. We can't just act like normal mates right away. I want to take it slow now and talk to each other. Almost like a human relationship ship."

     "I understand, so let's get started now." He tells me.

     "What do you mean?"

     "I mean lets get to know each other."

A/N: Here is the second chapter for the day. Thanks for reading. I'll try and update soon.
Bye!!!