If I Wasn't...

The next morning after breakfast I meet everyone outside to train again, and this time all of them are there on time.  "Thank you all for coming here again, I would like to start off with stretching , and then 10 laps."

    Everybody starts with there stretching and the next thing I know we are all almost finished with our 10 laps , me far ahead of everyone since Caden isn't here. Once we are all done I have everyone doing review of defense from yesterday, while I go around making sure they are all doing it right. I could really get used to doing this, I love teaching people and being a leader. If I wasn't destined to be the next Queen this is definitely something that I would do.

      When training is finally over I go upstairs to my room to take a shower and freshen up.  When I walk out into the hall I see Jackson standing walking out of his room at the same time. "Hey," I say walking up to him.

"Hey," He replies. "Want to go explore more of this place? I've just seen the same rooms over and over again."

       "Of coarse I do, lets go." I say and start walking down some random hallway. I hear Jackson chuckle as he follows me.

      About half an hour later I somehow got separated from Jackson. I turn around a corner and am met with a dead end. "Great, I am going to be lost in these halls forever and never become Queen or meet my mate or get to see the last episode of my favorite show." I mumble to myself, giving up and deciding to just sit down and leaning up against the wall.

     "Anna? I didn't know you always dreamed of being Queen like all the little pups." I hear someone say. I instantly jump up turning to the left to see Caden walking down the hall.

     I laugh nervously before replying. "Ya, you know. It's every pups dream to be the next Queen." It still hurts to lie to him. If only I wasn't going to be next Queen, maybe I could have a normal life where the two mates instantly fall in love.

     Caden lips turn up a little at the corners and he nods his head. "So did you get a call saying that you had to go back or are you still good to stay here?"

      "I can still stay Caden, but I might have to leave in a month." I tell him, thinking of the training that I still have left before becoming Queen. For that training my mate should be there but he rejected me so...

     Cadens eyes glaze over and I can tell that he is speaking to his wolf or someone in his pack. "River wants to talk to you again after dinner in my office." He tells me gruffly and then he walks away. But I quickly follow him not wanting to be lost any longer.

     He looks back at me strangely when he notices that I am following him. "Sorry, I kind of got lost."

     After dinner that night I walked up to Cadens office, that night at dinner he didn't say anything to me at all. I knock on his office door and hear River say. "Mate can come in, mate no need to knock."

     I open the door and immediately am pulled into a hug by River. "River missed mate."

     I wrap my arms around River. "Hi River, how was your day?" He doesn't reply at first, he just sticks his noise in my neck and wraps his arms tighter around me. "Rivers day was bad."

    "And why was that?" I wonder, feeling bad that my mates day wasn't good. "Mate wasn't with River. River wants mate with him at all times, so does human, he's just to stupid to realize it." I smile and River and I continue on talking for a while before I head to my room to sleep for tomorrow.

A/N: I am so sorry I haven't been updating lately. I am also sorry this chapter isn't that good, I just wanted to get a chapter up for you guys to read. The next chapter will be better.

Bye!!!