Telling Him

"What?" Caden says looking at me. I can see that he is trying to place what just happened and make sense of it. 

      "Caden, I'm Princess Elliana." I tell him slowly. I keep my eyes looking into his, trying to make out how he feels about this. 

       "How could you keep this from me?" He asks lowly, the hurt and betrayal evident in his voice.  The last thing I wanted to do was to hurt him. I hear my mother clear her throat causing me to notice that we have an audience, who are clearly all liking the show. 

       "Caden," I whisper "can we talk about this later? Right now isn't exactly an appropriate place." He doesn't say anything but he nods in response, taking a step back from me. 

       I look around once more before turning to look at Caden again. "Well, I guess I will show you to your room now. Follow me." I start walking away and I hear my personal guard following me along with Caden. I always have a guard when another pack visits or if I go out of the pack. The only reason I didn't before was because I was in disguise and no one knew who I was. 

       We stop at the outside of his door after a completely quite and awkward walk up. "Here we are." I say motioning to the door. 

       He looks up at me and I sight when he still doesn't meet my eyes. "Can we talk now?"

       "Sure," I tell him. He opens the door and steps in, me following right behind. My guard stays outside of the door. 

       He sits on the bed and puts his head in his hands with a sigh. "Why did you keep this from me?" 

       "Caden, I was undercover so nobody would be able to know who I was so I wouldn't be endangered. My parents didn't even want me to go, but I wanted to find my mate so bad that I..." I try to finish but I was cut off.

      "You still could have told me Elliana! I'm your mate I would protect you with my life!" I flinch when he calls me by my full name for the first time. Reminding me that it's real and he really did find out who I really am. 

      "I was going to tell you but then you tried to reject me. I knew that you had to fall for me for who I was and that if you knew I was the princess you would accept me only for that." I tell him sadly. 

      Instantly his demeanor changes at the mention of what happened when we first met. "Anna, I'm so sorry." He tells me taking my hand in his. 

       "I know you are, you already explained it to me and I forgive you." I say squeezing his hand, starting to get up. "I should go get ready for the dinner tonight. We have to be down there in thirty minutes." 

      "You look perfect already to me." He says. I roll my eyes at him. 

      "I am already dressed and ready, but I have to enter with the royal family." 

       "That's right. You now have royal responsibilities." I can see that he is still hurt and sad when he says it. 

       "That's right. And you have Alpha responsibilities to get to. So I'll see you at dinner." I tell him before walking out the door. 

A/N: I hope that you all liked this chapter even if it's short and over a month later since I last updated. Anyways how have your summer vacations been? Did you do anything for the Fourth of July? Let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, or comments. 

Bye!!!