Pack Dinner part 2

Once the food was served and everyone started eating I could feel his eyes on me the whole entire time. It was making me pretty nervous so I didn't eat that much food. I just sat there with my perfect posture that took me so many years to learn.

     Everyone around me was making polite conversation while Caden and I just sat there in silence. I sat there hitting my head trying to think of something to say. In my many classes of how to act I learned that you must always be friendly even if they are your enemy. "So, the rouge attacks." I can see Caden stiffen and I know I picked the wrong conversation starter.

       "How do you know about them?" He asks me. I am about to tell him that I know about all the packs that I will someday rule, but instead I go with. "There is a lot of talk about them." Which is true.

       "I may run the strongest pack aside from the Royal pack, but the rouge attacks are getting really common. We can't go a week without one. I am afraid that I am going to contact the Royal pack tonight after dinner." He tells me.

       "It takes a strong Alpha to admit that he needs help, but let's not forget that I am there head warrior, I believe I can help you out with training." As I say that I see him stiffen even more and it looks like he is holding back a growl.  "Also there beta is here, that is who they would have sent anyway, along with a group of warriors."

      "Do they send you out a lot to help with wars?" He asks me, his eyes are black and he is squeezing his fork extremely hard.

       "I've been sent to help a couple of packs." It's true that I have, I know it's hard to believe to put your future queen in the way of danger but my father wants me to see how the world works, and not just keep me protected from everything.

       When I look at Caden again I see that he is shaking and trying to hold back a growl. Everyone is looking at him, probably wondering what made their alpha so mad.

     I have heard that the touch from your met can help and calm you down, so I grab his hand under the table so he doesn't do something stupid, like flip over the whole table. "Calm down," I whisper quit enough that only he hears.

     He grips my hand harder and closes his eyes, taking a few deep breaths. I wonder what got him so mad?

     When he is finally calmer again he lets go of my hand but he seems hesitant to do so. I don't want him to either though, because I already miss the sparks and calmness that I felt. Also the overwhelming sense of safety.

     "Everything is fine, go back to eating." Caden says to his pack, and everyone seems hesitant but they all go back to what they where doing before.