Awkward Dinner

Everyone is sat for dinner except for the Royal Family, we are the last to enter. Right now we are standing behind the door waiting for my father to tell us to head inside. 

     My father nods his head to the guards and they open the door. Immediately everybody stands up and bow there heads in respect. We walk to the head of the table and my father bows his head telling everyone that they can sit now. My father sits at the head of the table while I sit to his left and my mom to his right. Sitting on the other side of me is Caden. I look at him and smile and he sends me a small smile.

     "Thank you all for joining us for our evening meal. Please begin," My father says and instantly you hear a clanking of silver on the plates. I slowly reach for my fork and dive into my food, aware of Caden's eyes on me the whole time. There is an awkward silence around us two while everyone else is chatting away. Deciding that I have had enough of it I decide to break the silence. 

     "So, have you got to see any other parts of the castle yet?" I ask him, hoping to spark up a conversation. 

     "No, I haven't." He replies looking into my eyes briefly. 

     "Well as soon as I get the chance I am giving you the grand tour. There is this one spot that I found is the best for playing hide-and-seek. It was very useful for my younger years. Then when I was around thirteen I found this quite little area in the library where I would spend most my time. There is also so much land and the garden is huge! This place is amazing." I tell him rambling on while he just looks at me. I can see sadness and love in his eyes. 

     "You really like it here don't you?" 

     "It's where I grew up, it's home. It also helps that it is a castle. But yeah I really like it here." I tell him. 

     "Oh," He says sadly looking back down at his plate and pushing his food around with his fork. 

     "But that's not to say I couldn't make somewhere else my home." I say to him, seeing that he was sad about that. He doesn't reply though and just continues messing around with his food. 

     We have all finished our main course of food and my father was talking about how there has been major rouge problems and how Caden's pack will be needing the Royal Packs help. Caden still hasn't spoke to me or to anyone else for that matter. "...and that's why I think my daughter will be the best person to leave with Caden's pack in a week to help figure everything out. Of course there will be guards with her 24/7." I hear my father end off. Maybe I should have been paying attention to what he was saying but I was too focused on wondering how I can lift Caden's mood. Maybe he will be better now that I will be leaving back to his pack with him. 

     Caden looks at me and I can't really tell what he is thinking but he looks mad. The cooks bring dessert out and we all start eating again. "Caden?" I whisper softly, not even sure if he would be able to hear me but he obviously did since his head snaps towards me. 

     "Do you want to go the gardens with me after dinner?" I ask hoping he will say yes. 

     "I don't want you to get hurt." He says back to me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. 

     "What are you talking about? It's only to the gardens. The worst that can happen is I'll get struck by a thorn from a rose." I tell him. 

     "No, that's not what I am talking about," he says, and I see the corners of his lips pick up before going flat again. "If you come back to my pack with me you will be more at risk of getting hurt. The rouges are too big of a problem and I can't let them hurt you." 

     "Caden," I tell him softly. "I will have multiple guards with me at all times and I know you won't let anyone get near me unless you wanted them to. I trust you. Plus I am the top warrior." 

     He doesn't say anything. Instead he grabs my hand and holds it in his while he goes to eating his chocolate cake with his other hand. 

 A/N: Hey guys, while writing this chapter I noticed how weird the word 'awkward' is spelled. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Bye!!!