Midnight Wakeups

I walk back into my room after dinner and lay down on my bed. Caden didn't talk to me for the rest of the meal and after words he was the first to leave.

I lay in bed for a little bit before I stand up, stretch my arms and walk to the bathroom. I get ready for and then I head back to my bed, as soon as my head hits my pillow.

I wake up a couple hours later and its still pitch black outside. I look at my phone to see that it is 12:00 am and I start wondering what woke me up. I don't remember hearing anything, and there is no one in my room. So I decide that I should go back to sleep. But I can't fore some reason I feel anxious and nervous, also sad. What is happening why do I feel this way.

I hear a noise coming from Cadens room, it sounds like he is having trouble falling to sleep. I try to go back to sleep but I can't because I know that my mate is having a hard time sleeping. Ugh, stupid mate connection making me not be able to go back to sleep.

I groan as I put my legs down off the bed and stand up. I open the door to the hall and follow it to Cadens room.

I twist the handle of his door to find that it is unlocked. So I open his door and walk in to see Caden tossing and turning in his sleep, he is most likely having a nightmare. I walk over to the side of his bed, I reach my hand and shake his arm carefully and whisper his name. Almost immediately he grabs me and pulls me into his chest so I am laying right next to him.

He puts his face in my hair and breaths in. I can tell that he is still asleep, I lay there stiffly for a little bit before I push myself out of his arms and try to make him let go of me. "Caden, wake up and let go of me."

He wakes up and looks at me confused. "What are you doing in my room?" He asks me.

"Why did you pull me into your chest?" I ask back, before I answer his question. "And I am in your room because the mate bound wouldn't allow me to go to sleep when you weren't sleeping well. But now that you are better I think I am going to go back to my room now." As I say this I think that he looks sad but that must just be my imagination.

I walk back to my room and fall asleep.