Sleepless

I am lying in my bed tossing and turning. I know it should be easier to sleep with my mate being in the same building as me, but it's not. It's more painful, one from the way I left him tonight and two knowing that I can't get up and go over to his room. I wonder how he is doing? 

     I lean over to my right side and look at my clock. 2:43 am. Great, I have to get up in a little over three hours to go to the meeting. Why don't they have the meeting later? I mean, we have nothing else going on. I will need to bring this up tomorrow. 

      It has been ten more minutes and I have spent that time staring at my ceiling trying to get comfortable. I finally find an okay position. "Okay, close your eyes and sleep," I tell myself, closing my eyes. 

     I open one of my eyes a few minutes later. "It's not working!" I groan out. I am so tired. I grab my phone and turn it on but am instantly blinded by the light, so I quickly turn it off. It's too hot to sleep with the blankets on but too cold with them off. Maybe if I stick one foot I will be able to sleep. I do that but instantly am filled with fear, all my childhood nightmares coming back to me and tuck my foot back in the blankets. Okay I'll try counting sheep. "1..2..3.."

     "997...998...999...1,000" Nope this is not working. Now to my last resort. Caden. I step out of my bed and quietly open my door and tip toe to his room. 

      I push his door open slowly and see him facing the other way from me. I walk closer to his bed and stand only a few inches away from it. "Caden, I can't sleep." I say in barely a whisper, probably sounding like a child. 

     Caden turns over and opens his arms out to me, not saying anything. I gladly get onto his bed and into his arms. At this point I am too tired not to. As soon as I am lying down I am asleep. 

     I wake up to the alarm clock going off in Caden's room and sit up groggily. I probably got about two hours of sleep last night only. I hear Caden mumble something about making that thing be quite. "Caden. Wake up. We have to get ready for the meeting." I say gently, rubbing his arm a little. Feeling a little bad about coming into his room. 

     "No." His voice muffled from burying it in the pillow. 

     "No choice. Get up. Also I'm sorry about bothering you and coming into your room."

    At that he sits up and grabs my hand, his beautiful eyes staring into mine. "Don't feel sorry Anna. I'm glad you came into my room. To be honest I couldn't sleep either." 

     I smile slightly before looking to his bedroom door. "Well I should go get dressed and ready for the meeting. See you in there. 

     Once I am all ready, I walk down the hall to the meeting room. When I walk in everyone stands up, including my parents and Caden. They all bow but my parents and I nod my head at them. Once I reach my chair and sit down they all sit down after. I may have put in a request for my chair to be by Caden's but nobody needs to know that. "Alright, lets get this meeting started!" 

A/N: I hope you all like this chapter! I've been in school since August 16th, who else has started? Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Bye!!!