One Room

Caden and I got back from the walk a while ago, we went around my packs main square and down a quiet path through the forest before returning. On the walk we talked about anything that came to mind and I feel like I know him a lot better now. 

     I take one last look at myself in the mirror before heading to my bedroom door preparing to leave. Everyone else is already in the dining room but my parents and I once again are entering last. I'm not exactly sure why we do it that way, but I think it must be for dramatic effect. 

     I head down the stairs and meet my parents outside the door to the dining room and then we head inside. Everyone stands up and bows there head. I keep a small polite smile, but when I see Caden with a huge smile on his face I can't help mine growing also. We head to our seats and my father gestures everyone to sit down. "I am glad you could all make it to this dinner," My father says, "seeing as this is the last one we will be having here with my daughter for a while before she leaves to another pack, let's make it as special as possible." I see a few sad faces go around the table with one the complete opposite. The face of my mate looked all too excited at the fact that I would be going with him. 

     "Let's eat!" At those words many people come out holding trays full of food and my mouth starts to water. One boy who I used to talk to often picks up a conversation with me and I kindly reply. 

     Caden, who is sitting on the right side of me, reaches out and grabs my hand as he happily eats. I look at him before pulling my hand out of his grasp so I could eat, seeing as I was basically helpless and would make a fool out of myself if I tried to use my left hand. But at the first move I make I can hear Caden growl quietly gripping my hand harder, continuing to eat, but I do see him sending glares to the boy talking to me. I gently rub his hand with my thumb trying to silently tell him to get over his jealousy and give me my hand back so I can eat. He must of felt my frustration because he immediately lets go. Nobody can stop me from eating!

     Dinner goes smoothly with polite conversation and the sound of silverware hitting plates. I am glad that everything is going well with my pack right now or else it would be very hard for me to leave in a few days time to go to another pack. 

     After dinner we sit around and talk for a little bit before deciding to clean up and head off to bed. I stand up and say goodnight to my mother and father and walk off. Of course Caden is immediately up and following me. Once we are outside my bedroom door I turn to him and give him small kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight Caden, see you in the morning." I reach for my door handle when Caden hugs me. 

     "I don't want you to leave though," He whines. I roll my eyes knowing what is happening. The longer we know each other without completing the mating process the more possessive and jealous we get, you also never want to leave there side and always need some sort of contact. It effects the male more because they are genetically built different in a way to protect there mate. 

     "I'm not leaving Caden, I'm just going to sleep. You're room is right next to mine, you'll be fine." Now I have to admit that leaving him is effecting me also but I've had years of self control training and I am also not getting effected as much. 

     He looks sadly at the ground before squeezing me tightly into a hug, whispering goodnight in my ear, and walking towards his own room. I know there have been lot's of nights where one of us hasn't been able to sleep and ends up sneaking into the others room, and it's usually me, but tonight I just feel like being in my own bed in my own space. 

     I get myself all ready for sleep and climb into my bed. Within in minutes I have dozed off. 

     I am awakened by a sound outside of my door. I sit up quickly and decide to go check it out. What? If it's anyone bad who better to take them out than the head warrior. I quietly tip over to y door and open it a little at a time. When it's opened half way I step out and look around, and what I see comes as a surprise. Caden is asleep with his back and head resting against the wall. 

     "Caden" I push his shoulder a little and he jumps up. 

     "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks in a panic looking around. "Why am I outside your door?" The confusion on his face evident. 

     "I heard a noise outside my door, I came to check it out and I found you fast asleep in the hallway." 

     "Oh, yeah. I remember that." He says, his cheeks turning slightly red. 

     "Come on in Caden." I say opening the door widely. 

     "I thought you wanted to be alone tonight, at least that's what it seemed like."

     "Not anymore, if my mate needs me I am here for him. Come on." I grab his hand and drag him inside. He has a huge smile on his face even though he looks beyond tired. "Get in the bed," I tell him. Tired of him just standing next to the side of it awkwardly. 

     "I think having two separate rooms is not going to work anymore, one of hem always ends up not in use." This makes Caden more happy and he snuggles up close to me, puts his face in my neck, closes his eyes and falls asleep.