2

Jaques Zion

I signed autographs for the fans who waited outside the locker room with back stage passes.

"Damn the rookie getting more love than us now" LeBron said from next to me. I still can't believe he's standing right next to me. Just a couple weeks ago he was a 12 by 9 inch poster on my wall. And now I'm playing right beside him doing what I could only close my mind and imagine.

"Aye don't be jealous". I took the jersey from the little boys hand and signed my name on the white number 1.

"Thank you". I couldn't help but smile.

"You're welcome".

Coach stuck his head out the door and waved his clipboard. "That's all for tonight folks". The people groaned and walked away sadly.

The little boy waved at me as he held onto his mom's hand.
"I hope I'm not to late for an autograph". I looked over to see Unique standing there with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I grabbed her arm and took her away where no one could see us.

"You stink." She pinched her nose and turned her head.

"Yes I know. Now answer my question".

"I can't come to my man's game and support him?"

"I don't have time for this Niq. You need to leave me alone. You can support me from your living room on the couch. Now go". I turned around and began walking away.

"Why are you always acting like this?" I rolled my eyes and faced her again.

"Acting like what?" She's not fooling me with that line again. Last time she said that I ended up with my pants around my ankles and her bent over her kitchen table.

"Like you don't love me". Tears filled her eyes and she pouted her lip.

Here we go with this old routine.

"I'm not doing this today Niq. We just won and you're not about to ruin my good mood". I turned my back to her and headed back into the locker room to take a shower.

I went my section and sat on the rolling chair.

"Jaques man that last shot you made from half court was crazy". Iman gave me dap as he walked in the room.

"Thanks I appreciate that". I took my funky ass shoes off and placed them on the bottom shelf.

Coach came in and stood in the th middle of the room. "Alright team that was a good game. Give a round of applause to our rookie here for scoring 23 points leading to the win today. We are starting the season on a good foot because of him". I smiled as everyone clapped for me. "Now that the good news is in order, you all do have a game tomorrow against the Denver Nuggets". Everyone groaned except me. I'm actually excited to play. "It'll be another home game so you'll get to go home tonight. Now hurry up and leave because I want you all back here bright and early for a six am warm up". Okay now that I groaned to. "I could've said four am. Now hurry up and get going".

I slipped my uniform off and balled it up and tossed it on the laundry basket across the room.

My phone rang in my bag letting me know I have a call coming in. I dug through it to see it's my mom.

"Hello?"

"I'm going to ringing you fuckin neck when you get home!" I took the phone from my ear and hung up.

I grabbed my towel and headed to the showers. I don't have time for her nagging right now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -