28

Neriah

I made sure to keep my back to every camera possible.

The odds of Will being here in Miami is slim. I did a little stalking to see what's going on with him and he's doing all this shit to become Mayor but that wouldn't stop him from getting on his jet and taking a flight over here for the game. TVs are everywhere and I'm sure wherever he's at the game is playing and I don't wanna risk him seeing me.

I pulled my hat lower on my forehead and stood next to coach as we watched the boys run around like chickens with their heads cut off. It's like everything in showed them in practice went out the window.

Coach put the palm of his hand on his forehead. "C'mon James pass it off!" He was cornered off by two other players on the other team.

We're down by fifteen points already and it's still the first quarter.

The clock was winding down with thirty seconds to go.

Iman ran passed and took the ball from James and slammed it into the basket saving James' ass.

The crowd was going crazy. The cheerleaders ran to the floor as the players stepped off.

Coach called everybody from the court during the five minute break. His face is solo cup red. The boys have only scored seven points so far so I see why he's pissed. 

I sat down in my chair and watched them have a quick meeting with each other and go over plays for the second quarter.

Jacques arms and the back of his neck glistened with sweat as he was bent down trying to listen to what coach was yelling about. 

The way his legs looked as he stood there made me drift off to wondering what the rest of him looked like sweaty.

He looked my way and gave me a wink.

It don't make any sense how fine one man can be.

They did their team chant and went in different directions.

Jacq sat next to me and a side line assistant ran to him with a bottle of water and a towel.

He took them both with a thank you.

"You look cute in your little uniform." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I had to wear this hot ass gray sweat suits like all the other medical assistants on the team since I officially signed my internship contract with the NBA this morning. Looks like I'll be spending the next five to six months being apart of the Cleveland Cavaliers medical advisor and trainer.

I was lucky that Will was out campaigning so the actual general manager met with me, personally, to discuss my contract. 

They're paying me $800 a week. It's good money, that's $3,200 a month. I never had that much money in my life.

Will never let me touch his money hands on. He had a special person he hired to carry around his card when I would shop just in case I tried to "steal" from him.

"Thank you." Jacques drank down his water and sat it under his seat catching his breath. He wiped the sweat of himself.

God I wish I was that towel.

A short buzzer went off letting the players know the break was over.

"Zion you can sit back on this one. We're putting Irving in." Coach yelled from down the court. Jacques nodded and leaned back in his seat.

"How am I doing so far?" I looked around.

"You're asking me that? Every time you make a basket or wave at the crowd people damn near lose their minds and you ask me how you're doing?" He smiled.