33

Neriah
2 weeks later...

I avoided Jacq at all cost. Every game, every practice, every team dinner, I act like he doesn't exist.

He came in thirty minutes late looking like someone had been keeping him up all night, as usual. Ever since he tossed me out, he's been looking like shit.

He comes to practice late so coach has benched for the past five games and doesn't let him do shit in practice til he starts showing up on time.

The dark circles, the hunched circles, the pale look.  Jacques is just another victim of Will's evil ways and is showing all over him.

I cry here and there because I love him but there's nothing I can do, the damage is already done.

"Hi you guys I'm professor Dean. I'm a professor at central Michigan University where your friend Neriah attends. As you know I've set a exercise for her, just so I see how well she's been studying. Neriah each of these young men here all have actual symptoms of some kind or medicaid issue. They each are holding a card that have symptoms they suffer from or have suffered, from written on the card. You must answer correctly. Or your grade drops by a letter." I looked at her with wide eyes. I have an B right now. I don't my grade to be below that.  "Do you need me to repeat anything?"

"No ma'am."

"Okay let's get started. Mr. Iman you're up first. Remember not to give her to easy hints." He looked down at the card and cleared his throat.

"This happened to me during the second game of the season. I had a pain near my hip. The pain was so bad I could feel it in my ass." I laughed. "I fell to the floor since the pain was so bad. I couldn't squeeze my legs together because my groin hurt so bad-"

"Oh I got this. Is it groin pull?"

"Yes." He flipped the card over and I was right.

"Yes, okay." Iman gave me a high five before sitting on the bench.

I stepped in front of Kevin. "Mr. Kevin it's your turn."

"I also felt this pain in my ass." Everyone laughed. "I kept playing after I noticed this pain and you cussed me out after you told me not to. I soon felt the pain in my thighs. Every time I walked the joints in my left knee popped."

This one is easy. "A pulled hamstring."

"Correct."

I wiped the imaginary sweat off my forehead.

Jacques 

I watched Neriah laugh and joke with everyone as she went down the line. I miss her so much. The day after I kicked her out I couldn't even think straight. I'll never forgive myself for the way I did her. The money she stole from me magically reappeared the second she drove off down the street.

I got a text from an unknown number saying to check my bank account. I called my bank and the lady on the phone said everything was there. She checked her computer and she said my account hadn't been touched since I took the $20,000 for neriah before I left.

I feel so bad the image her face while she was crying keeps me up. I went back or and got her clothes and hung them back up.

Then I noticed something was different about the house.

She had decorated everything and left a little note saying she appreciates everything I have done for her about and instead of spending the money on herself, she spent it on me.

She had got my living rooms together and my dining room. Are really pimped ya boy out. Then I went to my room and there were Versace shopping bags in my closet