14

Will in the picture.
-------------

Jacques

"James passes it to Irving. Irving dribbles up the court and passed it to Zion. Zion passes it back to Irving as Lowe tries to take the ball from Zion. But wait! He gets around Lowe and gets open for Irving. Zion is taking the ball. 8 seconds on the clock. The rookie has no one to pass it to, everyone is blocked. What is he Doing? He's at the three point line?"

I closed my eyes and jumped up and released the ball.

The buzzer went off and the crowd screamed.

"The rookie, Jacques Zion has done it again folks! He has started a huge lead for the Cav's so far and its only the first quarter". I opened my eyes and the team was around me.

"Good job man". James patted me on the back add we stepped off the court quickly so the cheerleaders can do their thing.

The teams assistants came rushing to me with a towel and my water bottle.

I turned around feeling a pair of eyes on me. I looked where Unique was sitting to see her talking to Teyana. I looked around and didn't see anybody except for some fans looking at me from across the stadium.

Coach came over to me with a man in a gray suit behind him.

"Good job Rookie. You followed every play perfectly".

"Thank you". I looked at the guy who was behind him since he was staring at me.

"Jacques, this is Dr. Henry Klein. He's Neriah's proffeser at her school. He came to evaluate her to see her progress with the team. But since she couldn't make it the game due to her being sick remember?" He winked at me and I got the hint. "I suggested that he asked the members of the team to give their honest opinion. I didn't want him to come all the way out here for nothing". I wiped my sweaty hands on the towel and stood.

"Pleasure to meet you". I extended my hand for him to shake.

He looked at it for a while before shaking it weakly.

A handshake is always the first impression before your words are. And since he gave that dead as hand, I can already tell he done l don't give a damn about nothing but himself. 

"Likewise". He smiled at me but I saw right through the shit. Ol fake ass.

"I'll leave you two to talk". Couch walked away. He sat down in the empty seat next to the one I was sitting in and I returned to mine.

"Please answer my questions honestly and carefully. This could determine how much longer she must stay on this internship with you all. Got it?"

"Yeah". I drank down my Gatorade as he opened his briefcase.

He pulled out a iPad and turned to me.

"How has Ms. Calvin's  work ethic been so far? Any tardies or unexcused absences from practice?" I thought quickly so he can get out my face quicker.

"Not that I can think of. She's been on time since she's been here. She even there super early most days. Well until today". He nodded and typed on the screen.

"And what about the work ethic?" I sat up getting tired of his questions already.

"She ain't never been lazy if that's what you mean. She's really hands on. If one of us is struggling with perfecting a drill or a certain move she'll step out on the court and do it till we get it". He nodded again.