19

Jacques

Police were all over the room searching every inch of the apartment.

They had asked me and Coach to answer some questions since we stepped inside the place and asked the boys to go wait on the bus.

"Did Neriah seem a little funny or act differently when you last saw her? Like she was hiding from someone or looked scared or paranoid?" Detective Mallory Hernandez asked me these same questions that two other officers asked five minutes ago. She's a short Hispanic woman. Probably in her late Thirty's with a short hair cut.

I scratched the back of my neck trying to remember. "Not to my knowledge. We sorta had a falling out but that was days before. But at the end of practice she sort of disappeared." I bit my lip trying to keep from slapping myself. I didn't have to say what I said but it's to late to apologize for it. I overheard one of them say that she might be dead since theirs a large amount of blood on the ground. But their could be hope another mentioned.

"So you think she left out because of your falling out?"

"I don't think that's the case. She ignored me during all the other practices and I'm sure what I said wouldn't make her disappear like this."

"What did you say to Ms. Calvin to be exact?" I leaned against the hallway wall and looked down at her, getting annoyed with all her damn questions.

"I told the mother of my child who I was working back into a relationship with, that Neriah meant nothing to me. Just so my baby mama wouldn't start world war three with me because I was hanging out with Neriah."

"So you didn't mean what you said?" I rolled my eyes.

"No. Not at all."

"You have me a little suspicious." She looked me up and now. "I think that's enough for today. But I have one more question."

I sighed. "Ask away."

"We want to get a hold of Ms. Calvin's family but your coach said Ms. Calvin never gave him any of their contact information. Do you know anyone who might?"

My mind instantly went to Will. But the conversation in the back of the limo shook me. But then again..... Neriah is missing and could possibly be alive.... And I want them to find her.....

"His name is William Cox. Don't mention to him that I'm the one who told you his name."

"And why is that?" I looked down at my shoes and ignored her question. "Ah, I see. Here's my card if you need anything. Or if you're in any trouble." I looked up at her and she gave me a knowing look. "I know Will. And I know he's a very, very dangerous man. You stay away from him and don't piss him off. Your friend, Neriah, is probably dead. He probably has threatened you about her before. I've been trying to bust this guy for five years now. He's untouchable. If he tries something, you call me instead of 911. You got it?"

"Yeah." I took the card from her and she went back into the apartment.

I felt instantly paranoid. Like the fuckin boogie man was out to get.

I stuffed the card in my pocket and waited for Coach to finish getting questioned.

Will

"Who the hell is knocking at my door like the damn police?" I pulled the door open and to my surprise it was the damn police.

"What can I help you with?" I crossed my arms and looked at the pint sized terror before me.

"Nice to see you again Willy." She barged her short ass in and looked around. "I like what you've done with the place."

"Oh shut up and tell me what you want before I throw your ass out."