11

Neriah

"Good now cross him but keep your knees bent before the pass". James did as I said and passed the pall to Kyrie.

"Good job". Everyone clapped. "Next three". Jacques, Kevin, and Dionte got on the court.

I took a new ball from the rack and tossed it up.

Coach was filling out paper work for the contract for those who hadn't received their pay since they began their time with the Cav's. So he letting me run drills today. Usually I sit on the sidelines improving plays for the upcoming games. Tomorrow they play the New York Nicks.

Right now their working on passing since most of the time theirs one person being a ball hog. It's a shame I'm teaching grown ass men how to share.

"Remember keep your knees bent". Kevin took the ball from Jacques and passed it to Dionte. "Very nice. Next three".

I tossed the ball up and J.R. caught it.

"Hey". I looked over to see Jacques looking at me.

"Hi". I put on a smile and went back to watching the guys do the drill. "Pick your knees up Anderson. You're gonna fall if you keep playing like that".

"You left your phone at my house. I charged it for you". I looked over to see my him with my phone in hand. I powered it on to see he really did charge it.

"Thank you". I took it from him and put it in my pocket and felt the notifications roll in.

"I'm sorry about yesterday".

"There is nothing to apologize for". I'm trying to play it cool but I know he can probably see right through it.
"I didn't mean to say what o said."

"Its fine"

"Neriah can you please just-"

"It's fine". I raised my voice a little, hoping he'd get the hint.

He walked away and sat with everyone else.

Anderson fell to the floor and Mo stole it from him

I blew the whistle. "Time out". I stepped on the court and Mo gave me the ball. Anderson picked himself up.

"You gotta keep your knees bent for a reason. Watch. Everybody get back in their sports". Anderson stepped back.

I ran the drill as I showed them how to do it and bumped Cedi to keep him from stealing the ball and made the layup.

"See if you do it like that you won't fall. Now do it one more time". I gave the ball back to Anderson and stepped back onto the sidelines to check my phone.

Jacques

"What's going on with you and Neriah?" Iman said sitting next to me.

"Why you ask that?" I downed the of my Gatorade and watched the other groups do the drills.

"Usually y'all laughing and kee-keeing with one another. What happened?"

"I said something's that I know she heard. It's a long story". I rested my chin on my first.

"Well if it's that bad, then apologize".

"That's what I tried to do but she ain't going for none of that".

"You like her don't you?"

"Nah. It's not even like that". I twisted the call on the empty bottle.

"Yeah-fuckin-right. It's all on your face". He nudged me with his elbow. "Just tell her".

"I can't".