17

Jacques

"Aye Rico."

"Aye was good man? Its been a while." I smiled.

"Yeah I know. I been a little busy."

"I see. When was you gone tell a nigga you in the damn NBA?" I scratched the back of my head and headed for the living room to sit down.

"Ion know man. It's been so much going on. I ain't feel it was necessary to tell everybody till shit was right around here."

"What's going on withcha?"

"My girl pregnant and I thought shit was going right between us. But she told the place my mom was at to send her to Georgia, because of some overdue bills, without my permission."

"Damn I wish I was up there. I'm down here in Florida with my girl for a couple months." During his summer breaks he goes down to see his girl. They been together for some time now. They're real life relationship goals.

"That's crazy. You gone be a dad man. Bout time someone else had a baby. Ever since TT moved her and Caidon to Chicago, I been lonely as hell up in the A by myself."

"I know I'm really excited, but Unique ass pissed me off so bad I don't even want nothing to do with her right now."

"Don't let y'all drama get in the way of your kid. You gotta do better than pops did with us."

"I know." I rested my elbow on the arm rest of the coach as the image of my father came to me.

Me and Rico are brothers.

Half brothers to be exact.

When my mom was on her medicine like she should be, she met my dad at some bar and had a one nighter after their first time meeting each other, and that's how I got here.

They dated after I was born and all that shit was cool. But my grandma had been fuckin my dad on low and got pregnant with ZeRico when I two and a half.

It's a real fucked up situation. And when it came down to pointing fingers when everybody got suspicious, he dipped.

He comes around every now and then. Like on my birthday and shit. But then he comes around and says fucked up things to me like: "how does it feel to have you uncle as your brother?"

And I'll usually sweep it under the rug and ignore it but as long as he doesn't come around I'm fine.

But I need him to keep my mom for a little while and I know with him that'll be like asking him for a limb

I can't have my mom and grandma under the same roof. They'd kill each other without thinking twice. At least if my dad and mom are with each other the most they'll do is ignore each other.

"Is Brook still there?"

"Yeah. But you know she about to move in two weeks to start her restaurant in Texas."

"Thats enough time for me to get everything situated on my end. Cause you know my mom and grandma probably hashing it out right now."

"I'm pretty sure. My mom been on that shit lately. I asked her for some money to pay for my books the other day, she came at my necks so hard I almost had to walk out and buy a new one." I laughed at the thought of them arguing.

"Well imma let you go man. I just wanted to vent to you really quick."

"You know you free to call any time. I'd stop doing everything for you. I love you man."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and tossed it on the coach and headed to the kitchen were the bills laid on the table.

I grabbed the stack of white papers and for once I can actually hold these without wondering if I was gonna eat or not or say fuck it and pay these bills.

God is truly amazing.

-------------------------