6

Jaques

"You look like shit". I laughed slightly holding onto my ribs as Coach looked at me.

"I know man I know".

"What happened to you?"

"Man its a lot. Just a little girl problems". I got on the bus and took a random seat. I hate lying but I don't like people all up on my business

"You can tell me. I been married twelve years and still have to fight my way through the house". Him saying that reminded me of this morning. This morning was even worse. My mom was hysterical and screaming for some reason she wouldn't tell me. Her nurses told me to let them handle it and to just leave. They can take better care of her them I can. Her sister, my aunt Kristy, has been trying to her in a mental facility for as long as I remember. She just trynna get the money for her illness and I can't go for that. I just need to get this money from this contract and move us to a good place where she'd like. My moms needs come first.

"It's deeper than what I feel like talking about. My girl.... She's just got some issues that I can't solve right about now". He nodded his head.

"I understand. Don't be afraid to talk to me. I'm here man".

"I appreciate that". I took my backpack off and checked for my headphones.

"Aye is the building unlocked?" I think I have an extra pair in there.

"Yeah Neriah is in there getting her stuff together she's had a rough morning to. But hurry back though because she's got to lock everything up".

"Aight". I got off and jogged to the bulding.

I mazed my way through the place and found my way to the locker room.

"Where are those things?" I moved everything around in my locker trying to find them.

I heard the door open and I turned around.

"Where are you doing in here?" Neriah fine self said. She gets prettier by the day.

"I'm looking for my headphones, which at the moment I can't seem to find".

"I have a extra pair in my office. You can use them if you want".

"Nah you don't have to do that. I'm sure there in here some where". She nodded and looked down at her phone with a roll of her eyes.

"Rough morning?" She looked up with me and i could tell she was running on empty just like me.

She shrugged slightly. "Yeah just a little bit. You?"

I mocked her shrug. "Yeah just a little bit". She smiled faintly.

"You gotta hurry. I need to lock up.

I moved everything around one last time only to get the same result. "I guess I'll have to buy some new ones".

"Well in the mean time you can borrow mine". I gave in.

"Okay". She opened the door again and I followed her out. She took a key from the chain and locked the door.

She looked up at me then frowned.

"What happened to your forehead?" She stopped me to get a better look.

"It's a long story".

"Well let me look at it". I stepped closer to her.

"You have to bend down you know". I laughed a little a did as she said.

"Yeah you should've went and got stitches. Does it hurt?" Her face had concern written all over it. "Now you've got to leave me fix it. It wouldn't be safe for me to let you go out and play with it all like that". She grabbed my hand and unlocked her office. "It could get seriously infected and then you'll be in a world of trouble then".