Chapter 2

Ayanna " Yaya " Stevens

Adopt? Me? Ayanna Stevens? No, She Lying. Nobody Wants To Adopt Me. I don't even think she can adopt me. I'm 18. she didn't just say somebody wants to adopt me. "huh" I asked puzzled. " I said a nice-". " no I heard you, but why" I asked cutting her off. she sighed "I don't know, you'll have to ask her" she said. "can she adopt me though" I asked. "I know you're 18 but this only means you can make the decision" she said. I stared out of space. " she'll be here tomorrow at 4" she said kissing me. I snapped out of my thoughts and walked out her room. I walked upstairs to my room and closed my door. I took off my clothes and put on my pajamas. I took out my phone and texted Nae what my mother just told me.

*Text Convo*

Me: besttt 😩

Bestfriend ✨💖: yes?

Me: my moms just told me some lady wanna adopt me 😩

Bestfriend ✨💖- stop lying 😒

Me- on my pops grave 💯

Bestfriend ✨💖- omggg 😭 this is crazy

Me: word 😩 I'm scared

Bestfriend ✨💖: awww stink don't be scared 😘

Me: what if they are weird? or what if they're murderers?

bestfriend ✨💖- stop it! you're over exaggerating 😒 when do you meet them?

me : tomorrow at 4 😒

Bestfriend ✨💖- cheer up and be happy, I love you 😘

me: yeah yeah 😒 I love you too 💖

*End Text Convo*

I can't believe these people wanna adopt me. they can't wanna adopt me. not lil ole me. Then my phone started ringing. it was Tevin wanting to facetime.

"yooo" I answered.

" hey babes" he said.

"wassgood" I asked.

"nothing playing the game, wyd?" he asked

" why you facetime me if your about to play the game" I asked.

"oh shut up, don't start" he said looking in the camera.

*3 hours later*

"you not going to sleep tho" he said.

"but I am, goodnight Tevin " I said.

"alright, goodnight baby" he said smiling.

"I'm not your baby, but alright" I said hanging up. I hung up and looked at the time and it was 3:45. lemme take my ass to sleep I gotta meet this lady tomorrow.

*Next Morning*

when I woke up it was 12 o'clock. I was sleep forever. I rub my eyes and look at my phone. I got hella instagram notifications and a text from Tevin and one from Monae.

*Text Convo*

bestfriend ✨💖- wake up bitch before you miss your meeting

me: I'm up now!

bestfriend ✨💖- finally, why you was sleeep for so long?

me: me and tevin was on facetime til bout 3:45/4 o'clock

bestfriend ✨💖- oop 👀