Chapter 24

*Year later*

Yanna

it's time for our annual cookout in the hood. "Yanna are you ready" Dave asked. i nodded. i look in the mirror at what i had on. a black fitted dress, jean jacket, and my checkerboard vans. i turned to the side and my stomach looked bigger. i shrugged it off tho. "Kahnan Christopher Brewster" i said walking into his room. he wanted to pick out his own clothes so i let him. he did a good job but he still isn't dressed. he picked out some ripped jeans, a black gucci shirt, and his Bred 9s. "Kai" i said. she walked in his room. "yeah" she asked. "why didn't you help ya brother get dressed" i asked her. "cause my hair" she said pointing. i looked up at her hair and it was all over her head. "okay, go get ya father and i'll do ya hair" i said. she nodded and ran to go get Dave. "yes yanna" he asked walking in the room. "can you get him dressed while i do her hair" i asked. he nodded and sat on K bed. "come on Kai" i said walking out the room. we went into my bathroom and i grabbed a brush and moisturizer. i put the moisturizer in her hair and brush it through. he hair got so long she could wear it out, it was almost to the middle of her back. i gave her a middle part and called it a day. "alright alright, let's go" i said taking her off the counter. we walked out of the bathroom and Dave and K were coming out. Kai had on a white polo shirt, some blue jeans, and her black and white high top converse. we walked downstairs and made our way to the cookout.

"hey TT baby" i said picking Daionna up. she smiled showing her bottom row full of teeth. "hey" she said playing in my hair. i smiled and sat down with her on my lap. "yo birthday next week tink" i said tickling her. "girl and this party is stressing me out" Nae said. i chuckled. "why you didn't ask for some help" i asked her. she shrugged shaking her head. "dooda, dooda" Daionna said pointing. i knew Kahnan had to walking up because that's what she calls him. "doodaaaaa" she said sliding out of my arms. "hey Dai" he said hugging her. they're the best of friends. they ran off to play. "so best i think i might be...pregnant" i said lowly because it was hella people around. her eyes widened. "you said what now" she said pulling me aside. "i said i think i might be pregnant" i said. she took a deep breath. "man what the hell we gone do with all these kids" she asked laughing. i laughed along with her. "shit man, Dave so fucking fertile we might have to start using condoms" i said. she nodded. "did you tell em" she asked. i shook my head. "i gotta take a test first before we go telling stuff" i said. she nodded. "when you gone take one" she asked. i shrugged. "maybe tonight while Dave at his show" i said. she nodded. we walked towards the food cause a bitch was hungry. after we got our food we went to sit w| Dave and the guys. "hey fat girl" Dave said once i sat next to him. i looked at him and rolled my eyes. he know i hate being called fat. he grabbed a shrimp off my plate. i popped him. "alright now" he said rubbing his hand. "nobody told you to touch my food" i said eating my shrimp. "Yanna you wanna drink" Bully asked me. i shook my head. "nah, i'm good" i said drinking my peach fanta. he furrowed his eyebrows but he shrugged it off. Nae looked at me and i shrugged. "what's the moves for tonight" Beanz asked. i was starting to think this man was handicapped. "my show nigga duh" Dave said. he nodded. "ohhh yeahhhh" he said. i shook my head. "i told yo ass about the weed, all ya little brain cells gone" Gutta said. Nae busted out laughing. "this man retarded" she said. we all started laughing.

Dave

"you coming to the show" i asked Yanna as we walked around the park. she shook her head. "no, i'll stay home and watch Kahnan" she said. something was up with her but i couldn't put my finger on it. "you'll be home by yourself because Kahnan is staying with my mother tonight for the sleepover with my nieces and nephews" i said. once a year my mother has all her grandkids over for a sleep over of the cousins, as she calls it. "oh yeahhhh" she said shrugging. "that's fine, i just don't feel like going out tonight" she added. i stop her from walking and turned her to face me. "you okay" i asked her. she nodded. "yeah, i just don't feel good" she said. "you sure" i asked. "yes Dave, i promise i'll be okay" she said looking up at me. i nodded and she kissed me. i looked at the time on my Paket and it said 8:30 the show started at 10 so i needed to make my way to the house. "come on, i gotta go get ready" i said grabbing her hand.