Chapter 8

*3 months later*

Dave

today was the day of the baby shower. Nae planned the whole thing out. the color scheme was blue and gold. I guess I can get jiggy with it. "Dave" yanna yelled from the bathroom. I ran in there. "what? what happened?" I asked in a panic. she could go in labor any day now. she chuckled. "you like my hair" she asked. I rolled my eyes. "yeah, it's cute" I said. she nodded. "can you take a shower before we be late" she said waddling out the bathroom. I followed her. "it don't start for another 2 hours" I said sitting on the bed. "you right but you take forever and we gotta go get Kairi" she said. I sighed and got up.

when I got out I got dressed.

when I was done Yanna still wasn't dressed

when I was done Yanna still wasn't dressed. "I know you didn't rush me and you still not done" I said looking at her. she turned to me. "boy, leave me" she said brushing her hair. "ima go get Kairi and come back and you should be ready" I said grabbing my keys. she nodded.

Yanna

I still didn't want a baby shower but it was happening either way so I decided to go with it. I put on my denim button down, my light washed distressed jeans and my blue furry slides. I brushed my fresh sew in and fixed my part. "Yanna come on" Dave yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my clutch and phone and waddled downstairs. "don't rush me, you know it take a minute" I said walking out the door. he sucked his teeth and locked the door. I got in the car and turned to Kairi. "heey baby" I said looking at her. "hey!" she said smiling. she looked so cute in her little blue Adidas sweat suit.

"uh Millie got you a baby shower gift" Dave said getting the car

"uh Millie got you a baby shower gift" Dave said getting the car. I looked at him as he pulled off. "what is it" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. he shrugged. "I didn't look" he said. "I'll open it when I open the others" I said shrugging. he nodded.

when we pulled up to the shower, it was already cars outside. "my whole family gone be here" I said sighing. I got out and got Kairi out. I put her down but she wanted me to pick her up. I would but my stomach is huge and she's heavy. "I can't pick you up baby" I said. she pouted. "dave come pick her up" I said. he sucked his teeth. "she can walk" he said. I rolled my eyes. "don't do her like that" I said picking her up. I'm to pregnant for this. we walked up to the building and Shoota was coming out. "how y'all late to y'all own baby shower" Shoota asked taking Kairi from me. I shrugged. "cause she take forever" Dave said looking at me. "yeah whatever it's only 4:05" I said walking in the building. when we walked in it was already hella presents everywhere. my family over does everything. "what in the actual fuck" Dave said sitting the present Millie got on the table. I chuckled. "I told you they out do everybody" I said looking at him. I looked around and everything looked niiice. Nae and my mama out did themselves. "it look good in here" Dave said looking around. "my baby out did herself" Shoota said. I snapped my head towards him. I shook my head. Dave didn't know that Nae and Shoota been fucking around. "Ms. Andrea is not ya baby" Dave said shaking his head. I sucked my teeth. "you a dummy" I said laughing. Shoota laughed too. "facts Yanna" he said dapping me up. "am I missing something" Dave asked as we walked to where we was supposed to sit. "obviously" Shoota said putting Kairi down. my mama went and invited all my cousins and they all got kids. it was gone be a lot of kids in here. "him and Nae fw each other" I said sitting behind of the table that overlooked everybody. he looked at me and then back at Shoota. then Nae walked up. "do you like it" she asked me. I nodded. "of course, thank you best" I said reaching my arms out. "anything for you" she said hugging me. "alright enough of that, me and you not brother and sister anymore" Dave said pushing her. she looked at him. "why not" she asked. "cause if I was ya brother you would've told me about you and him" he said pointing between the two of them. she chuckled. "I was going to" she said hugging him. "yeah yeah" he said waving her off. I watched from my seat as people started coming in. everybody came and greeted me and took their seats.