Chapter 9

*next week*

Yanna

I was due 3 days ago. Kahnan is just like his father, stubborn as hell. I was ready to drop because I'm huge and my back hurting. today I was going to see Anastasia, me and Dave. Nae wanted to come but she had to go to work. I got dressed in some tights, a shirt that had a picture of me and Dave from the baby shower on it, and my checkerboard vans. I put my hair in a high bun "you ready" Dave asked. I nodded and followed him outside. "how's my son in there" he asked chuckling. I got in the car. "fine, just stubborn as hell. just like you" I said rolling my eyes. he chuckled. "aww, he'll come when he ready" he said pulling out the driveway. I nodded. "or they gonna make him come out in 4 days" I said smiling sarcastically. he chuckled.

we pulled up to this tiny blue house. it looked to be about a 3 bed room house. I sighed. "you ready" he asked looking at me. I nodded and we got out. Dave took my hand when we got out. when we got on the porch I had a tight grip on his hand. as I pushed the door bell. my breathing started getting shorter and I started shaking. Dave put his arm around me calming me down slightly. the door swung open and a lightskinned lady stood there. "yes" she asked. I took a deep breath. "I-I'm looking f-for Anastasia" I said spitting out my words. she nodded. "Ana, somebody's here for you" the lady yelled over her shoulder. after a couple minutes another lightskinned lady came in sight. she was about 5'3, long black hair, and she slightly looked like me. I looked at Dave and my grip on his hand tighten. "Ayanna" she asked. I nodded slowly. "oh my goodness" she said hugging me. I patted her back slightly. she pulled away and looked at me up and down. she stopped at my stomach. "oh my" she said trying to touch my stomach. I moved before her hand touched me. "um, come in come in" she said leading us into a kitchen where the lady from earlier was eating. I looked around and this was a nice house for somebody who used to be a fein. "Ayanna this is your aunt Gina" she said pointing at the lady. she smiled at me and I smiled back. "have a seat" she said pointing to the chairs. I looked at Dave and we sat down. "how far along are you" she asked. "9 months and 4 days" I said looking placing my hands on the table. she nodded. "is it a boy" Gina asked. I nodded. "figures" she said eating her burger. I nodded. Dave nudged me. "oh yeah, this is my boyfriend Dave" I said. they nodded. "you're Dave East aren't ya" Gina asked. he nodded chuckling. "I knew I seen you somewhere before" she said looking at him. I didn't appreciate the way she was looking at him. I didn't know her so I wouldn't mind whooping her ass.

"alright, I know you wondering why I was doing what I was doing" she asked looking at me. we've been sitting here for a hour talking to her and her sister. I shrugged. "I quite frankly don't care" I said. Dave nudged me. I looked at him and he shook his head. "h-huh" she asked. I was starting to get irritated with the whole situation really. I don't care why you left or how you left or why you wanna be in my life now. you should've caught me 5 years ago. my leg started to shake and my stomach began to start hurting. Kahnan this is not the time to be acting like this. I rubbed my stomach. "I don't really wanna--" I was cut off by a stronger pain. I placed Dave hand on my stomach trying to make it stop. cause he'll touch my stomach and Kahnan would chill, but not today. "you good" Dave asked. I shook my head. "no, I'm pretty sure I'm having contractions, so we gotta go" I said looking at him. he nodded and stood up. "Yanna you okay" she asked across the table. "I'll be fine" I said as Dave helped me up. "y'all can finish this another time right" Dave asked as I walked as fast as I could to the car. "Dave come on" I yelled as I got in the car. I called my mama.

"ma, I'm pretty sure I'm having contractions. so meet us at the hospital" I said as soon as she answered.

"yanna stop playing" she said over the phone. I rolled my eyes.

"ma I'm serious, if Dave bring his ass I won't have this baby in this beamer" I said putting emphasis on bring his ass.