Chapter 12

Yanna

"I love you" he said before I close the door. I got in my car and cranked it up. I banged my hand on the steering wheel. "fuck" I yell out in frustration. I turn on the radio and pull off towards my mama house.

when I pull up I look in the mirror. i blinked the little bit of tears i had away. I sighed and got out. when I walked in Nae and my mama was in the kitchen. "yanna" my mama yelled. I walked in the kitchen. "yeah" I asked. "what happened" Nae asked. I shook my head. "I'm good" I said grabbing a gatorade. "no you not, he hit you" she asked. "I'm fine, I hit him first and he pushed me down" I said drinking the gatorade. "what even happened" my mama said shaking her head. "I slapped him twice and punch him in the mouth, I busted his lip" I said shrugging. "so y'all was fighting" Nae asked. I shook my head. "nah, I was fighting. he just pushed me down. " I said sitting on the counter. "so y'all done" they asked in unison. I nodded. "damn right, his ass had a baby on me" I said rolling my eyes. "he coming to get K tomorrow" I added rubbing my back. he pushed me kinda hard, i hit my back on the edge of bed frame. the pointy part. "well I'm staying here tonight" Nae said. "sleeepoverrrrr" she added all excited. I chuckled shaking my head. "floor on you" I asked. she jerked her head back. "no you gmfu" she said. I shook my head. "me and K and you? hell no" I said. she sucked her teeth. "you lucky the crib at Dave house" she said rolling her eyes. I chuckled. then my phone was ringing. I didn't even look at the caller ID.

"hello" I answered.

"yanna can you just come back and talk to me" Dave asked. I chuckled.

"man, I told you already what was good" I said. he sighed.

"you said when I figure my self out you'd come back" he said. I shook my head.

"nah, don't do that. don't try and say you got ya self together in a matter of 30 minutes" I said. he sucked his teeth.

"you gotta talk to me sometime" he said. I rolled my eyes and hung up.

this mf erks my life. "what he say" my mama asked rolling her eyes. I shook my head. "he tried to reverse psychology my ass" I said. they shook they heads. "ya face got hella pimples on it" Nae said pointing. I took her phone and looked at my face. I would've used my phone but it's all fucked up. I shrugged. "it'll be fine. I don't go no where anyway" I said. these is stress pimples, he is stressing me out.

*next day*

Dave

I get out my Audi and knock on Ms. Andrea door. I stand back as the door swings open. "hey ma" I said smiling. she shook her head rolling her eyes. she opened the door wider. "is she in her room" I asked awkwardly. she walked away. "alright..." I said walking upstairs. I knocked on Yanna door. "whom" she asked. "it's me" I said. "who the fuck is me... ohhh" she said opening the door. she was holding K. he started smiling​ extra hard. "heeey my boy" I said taking him from her. "bitch who at the- oh issa fuck boy" Nae said looking at me. I sighed. "you can come in while I get his stuff" Yanna said opening the door. I walked in and sat on the bed. "ima be downstairs" Nae said looking at Yanna. she nodded and Nae left. I watched her get his bag packed. "how long are keeping him" she asked looking for something. I shrugged. "how long can I keep him" I asked eyebrow raised. she chuckled. "how long do you wanna keep him" she asked. "til Saturday" I said. "okay then" she said. she packed his stuff and handed me the bag and car seat and she took him. I walked downstairs with her behind me. I walked outside and put the car seat and bag in the car. I walked back in the house and she was walking out the kitchen. "ma stop saying that" she said walking out the kitchen. she handed me K. "bye mommy tink" she said kissing him. he smiled clapping his hands. I looked down at her. I tried to touch her face but she moved away. "yanna, I'm sorry" I said. she nodded. "it's cool, I'm fine" she said. I sighed. "you sure you can handle him on your own" she asked as we walked towards the door. "duh, I watched Kai on my own" I said. she curled her lip. "with Millie, you mean" she said standing in the door. I shrugged. "same shit, I got this" I said. she nodded. "alrighty" she said. we gave each other an awkward high five before she closed the door. "son, don't ever put ya hands on a female, okay? okay!" I said strapping him in his car seat.