Chapter 25

* 2 months later*

Yanna

me and Nae had got a move on our building space. after deciding to get the first building we had to start getting the renovations done. we hired contractors, painters, electricians, and an interior designer. we still had so much work to do but we've gotten so far in only 2 months. we decided to name the salon "Pretty and Pressed". everything was coming together so nicely. i'm now almost 4 months pregnant and i'm getting bigger by the minute. i really feel like this baby is gonna be a girl. if it isn't i'm going to throw a fit and be mad at the world. the only reason i think this baby is gonna be a girl is because of how emotional i've been. the slightest things make me cry and my mood swings have been off the wall. i sigh looking down at my little stomach. "my little peanut" i said rubbing my stomach. i continue to get dressed so me and Dave can go check on the progress of the shop. i put on my white Gucci shirt and ripped jeans and my all black old skool vans. i put my hair in a high ponytail. i put on my nike hoodie and then my all black north face. "ready" Dave asked. i nodded and followed him downstairs.

when we arrived at the Salon the contractor was standing outside on the phone. "okay, i'll call you back" he said hanging up. "Yanna, Dave" he says greeting us. i smiled. "wassgood Steve" Dave asked. i couldn't go inside the building because of all the chemicals and i couldn't put the baby at risk so we walked into the café next door. "we have a small problem" he said giving me a small smile. i looked at Dave. "what you mean a small problem" Dave asked raising his voice. i shook my head. "what's the problem Steve" i asked. "well we have to get a permit to make the ceiling as high as you want it" he said. "okay where would i get a permit from" i asked him. "the mayors office" he said. i nodded. "how long would it take" Dave asked. "about 2 to 3 weeks" he said. i sighed. "okay so i'm gonna get a move on that y'all just keep working on everything else" i said. he nodded. i walked away to get a strawberry smoothie. since i've been pregnant i want strawberry everything. "hi, what can i get you" the cashier asked. i smiled. "let me get a strawberry smoothie and a glazed donut" i said. she nodded and rung me up. "thank you, have a nice day" she said handing me the smoothie. i smiled. "you too" i said before walking away. when i walked back to Dave he sighed. "don't worry about the permit, i'll get Bully to start it" he said. i sucked my teeth. "i'm not worried and i can do it on my own" i said walking out the café. Dave sighed and unlocked the car. i got in and we left. i texted Nae and told her she had to come with me to the mayors office to get this permit and she said alrighty. "you want some chipotle" Dave asked. i looked at him. "and you know thissss" i said looking at him. he nodded and we pulled up. we got out and made our way inside.

after we got food i came home because i got tired. this pregnant shit be restraining me from getting work done because i be tired and i also be agitated with everybody. i got home grabbed my Juice and went to take a nap. i laid down and started watching Black Ink Crew.

Dave

i know Yanna said she had this whole permit thing under control i was gonna help her in some way. i understand that she does wanna be useless but she don't gotta do everything by herself. i'm here to help whenever i can. i called Bully and he said he'll go get the permit and Yanna and Nae just have to sign it then give it to the building people. after i did all that i stopped by the studio and Durkio was in there. "wassgood big bro" he said dapping me. "wassCraccin what you working on" i asked sitting on the couch. "new mixtape, can't be a sleep always gotta eat" he said. i nodded. "always" i said.

After sitting in the studio with Durk i looked at the time and it was 6am. "alright cuhz i gotta slide cause my girl gone kill me" i said. he chuckled and we dapped and left. once i made it to the crib i went in and went upstairs. i took my clothes off and laid next to Yanna. i pulled her towards me and she pushed me off her. "you smell like weed, go take a shower" she said gagging. this pregnancy was starting to take a toll on me. the smell of weed makes her gag so i can't smoke here and whenever i do i gotta take a shower. i sighed and got up.