Chapter 6

"Sumimasen!" Hinata said bowing after coach Ukai scolded him.

We trained until it was dark out side. We just finished training and drank water and stuff when Noya got out a cataloge"Wow, this pic is huge!"

"What, what?" Asahi said coming up to him.

He showed him the so said pic and 'whoaed'.

Hinata, Tobio and I went over to them and Hinata asked"What? What's that?"

Tanaka gave him the cataloge and we looked at it.

It was like this on the page

'Shiratorizawa's Ushiwaka is amongst the three most-noticed high schoolers in the whole country."

"Shiratorizawa! That's where Kageyama couldn't get in." Hinata said and Tobio shouted a shut up behind him.

"Who is Ushiwaka?" Hinata asked.

And Tanaka looked at him confused.

"You don't know?" He asked and I slightly raised my hand.

"I don't know either."

"Then I will be happy to tell you Mae-chan~" he cooed and I nodded giving him my full attention.

"He is unmistakably the number one ace of our prefecture: Ushijima Wakatoshi."

"Hmm. He definitly has 'ace' all written all over him." Daichi said from over my shoulder and I nodded in agreement. He then stared at Asahi who backed away.

"Why are you looking at me?" He then went into his emo-corned and Noya and I went over to cheer him up by patting his shoulder.

Coach Ukai came and explained that he isn't the only outstanding one.

He told us about three schools which were on the top and at one team Tanaka, Hinata and Tobio tensed up.

"Who are they? Aoba Johsai?"

"No one." Tobio said and Sugawara answerde me.

"We had a practice match against them once befor you joined and they may or may not had a good time with them." He said nervous. I nodded.

"Mina, I'm glad you are all still here. Sorry I'm late." Sensei said panting while coming into the hall"The meeting went long. However...Here it is. The match ups for the Inter-High preliminaries." He handed Daichi a piece of paper and we looked at it.

Karasuno vs. Tokonami

"If we win we might play against Dateko, assuming they also win." Noya said.

"But that's not all..." Tsukishima said." Aobo Johsai is one of the seeds in our block."

"For real?"

"But don't forget what I just said. Look up." Coach Ukai said. And we said yes in unsion.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I was walking into the gym when Sugawara called me"Hai, Sugawara-senpai?"

"I have something and I already gave it to the other first-years. My signals." He said handing me a piece of paper with different sighns and their actions to it.

My eyes sparkeled,"Whoa, you are so intelligent senpai!! I'm sure I'll remember them in no time!!" I then left the blushing senpai where he was and went to change.

We trained and I laughed at Tobio asking Asahi if he could change something about his toss.

I jumped on his back and wrapped my legs around his waist. I pinched his cheeks and laughed"Onii-saaan~! You are scaring Asahi-senpai. Just toss a bit higher and away from the net, I think that would be perfect for him~. Ne, Asahi-senpai?" I turned my head towards him and he nodded nervous.

"Oi, get off me,Mae." Tobio said and I got off him. I roughly patted his back and grinned.

"You are doing a great job nii-san!"

"Whatever..."he mumble turning his head away.

Tobio you tsundere...

"Alright. Let's wrap this up." Daichi said and we said 'yes' in a chorus. We went to clean up but I left first.

"Mae-chan. Daichi says he's buying us pork buns." Sugawara said stopping me.

"Sorry. I have stuff to do."

"I see. Good job."

"Good job." I said befor going home.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I walked out of the girls restroom when a certain orange-haired boy bumped into me.

"Gomen." He said and I waved a hand infront of me.

"No worries. Oh, you are practcing the signals?"

"Yeah. Can you remember them? I still need to learn a few." I nodded and put my handkerchief into my pocket. I did all the signals and explained what they stand for. Hinata was shocked and I left.

I went to sensei and asked him something befor we went into the gym to represent our club. We were fifth after the girls team.

They did their speech and it was Daichi's turn to hold one with us behind him. I felt alot of eyes burning holes into my head and I hear alot of murmurs.

"Why is she in the guys volleyball team?"

"What is she doing there?"

"Wow that is a pretty player." And at that comment Nishinoya, Tanaka and Tobio shot the boy who said that a deathglare and he shut up.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Tomorrow are the Inter-High prelims and training today was rough.

Coach Ukai told us some different strategies and spoke"That's all. Go home and go to sleep early tonight."

"Yes!"

"Okay, that'll do it." Daichi said but sensei bragged in.

"Just a second. One more thing. Mae-san?"

They all turned their attention to me and I nodded.

"I am no big help during games or at cheering, but..." I went over to a ladder following sensei up.

"Sensei, I can do the carrying."

"Don't worry about it." He said and unfolded that big black cloth.

"One, two.." and we lifted it up clipping it onto the rail.

Their eyes widen and even sparkled.

The 'poster'(sry idk what it is called) had 'fly' written on it and the they spoke"I didn't know we had that."

"I found it while cleaning,so I washed it."

"WHOOOOAAA!! I'm getting fire up!!" Tanaka said along with Nishinoya a flaming aura around them,"That's our Mae-chan! Great job!"

"All right! Let's get fired up!" They said in unsion.

"Wait. She's...not done."

"Do.." I started.

"Do?" They asked in unsion. I blushed at all the attention.

"Do your best!" I cheered holding up a peace sign and a closed eye smile on my face. I then went down and saw everyone except for the first-years crying.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked them with concern. Then they hugged me still sobbing"No! It is just!...Mae-chan, that was the best thing someone has ever done for us!" Daichi cried out.

I patted his back slightly,"No problem captain." I giggled.

"Those guys...they're speechless." Tsukishima backed away after saying that.

"Usually they would never shut up." Yamaguchi agreed. Then they cried uncontrolably.

"They are out of contol!" Tsukishima said slightly terryfied.

"Guys! We will win this tomorrow for sure!" Daichi said and everybody agreed fired up besides Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

"We have the strenght of hundred men!"

I stood there at the side giggling at the emotional team.

What have I gotten myself into?