Chapter 8

We won the first set with 25-12. We had a break and I handed them their bottles and towels.

I smiled at them as a sign of me beeing proud.

"Good job mina-san!" I cheered and the third-years, Tanaka and Nishinoya got watery eyes.

"Arigato Mae-chan~!" They thanked me and the break ended.

I went over to Tanaka and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Ano?"

"You did a great job, Tanaka-senpai! But I will be taking over now~." I cheered and went to my position.

He blushed and tried not to faint. He sat down with a goofy smile, but then the old him came back and he began shouting"Do your best Mae-saaaaaaan!!!!!" Tsukishima facepalmed next to him and I gave them a thumbs up with a cheeky smile.

There was another whistle so the next set started.

"We finally get to see their lady player play~"Oikawa said to the others next to him who just nodded.

Tobio did a jump serve and it ended up beeing an ace serve.

"Wohoooooo!! That is my nii-san for you!!" I cheered and the guys looked at me. I blushed and bowed my head.

"G-gomen. Let's continue hehe." They then turned back.

He made four more serves which gave us a lead of 5 to 0.

He served again but this time one of the guys got it. They tossed it to another one and he was about to spike it when Daichi blocked.

No. But it's not our point.
*piit*(btw when I type that it means the whistle whistled because that is the sound kay?hehe)

I was right and the point went to the other team.

Daichi touched the net.

Then Kageyama served again. They got it but it flew right back to Noya. He perfectly recieved it and gave it to Tobio. He tossed to 'Hinata' and Hinata jumped and I did too.

I know what to do. Hinata hit the air and it flew to me. I spiked it and POINT!

"Ohhhh!! That feels awesome. My first point in a real match!" I squeeled like a child. Then all eyes went on me. Even the ones on the stand.

"I-is there something wrong?" I asked obviously confused.

"Mae-chan...your jump.."Nishinoya started.

"Your jump is as high as Hinata's." Daichi said a bit suprized and shocked at the same time.

I nodded and spoke"I know. What about it?"

"D-don't mind. Let's continue." He said and we went on.

23-13 for us and all I really did was spike. Spike and a few blocks or as you call them 'one touches'. We didn't make alot of turns in the formation so I didn't get to serve.

25-14 we won!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We were streching and taking a break til the next match. I was sitting next to Hinata drinking water when some guys passed us and talked.

"Karasuno was amazing."

"Yeah, but did you see their #10 he was overwhealming."

Hinata then stood up and smiled like a dork.

I smiled along, happy for him.
Tobio the stared at him and he shot at him"What is it?! I am happy and now?! I've never heard anything like that about me befor."

Then Tobio smiled and he backed away.

"What? I didn't say anything. It is good that you get all the attention. The more the opponents pay attention to you, the more they bring out the best out of you."

"I-I don't really understand what you are saying. You are scary when you smile." Hinata said which earned him, that's how I like to call it from experience, a skull-crusher.

"But what nii-san says is right. "The little #10." Gets alot of attention. The more Hinata-kun shines, the more he blinds the deffence." I said and he looked at me with a big smile.

"So mina, our match is at 1:30. Don't wear yourselves out and have a light lunch." Daichi said and we yesed.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I went over to a little shop right next to the gym and bought my lunch since I didn't bring one myself.

I bought an apple, water and a pack of three onigiris.(rice balls)

I sat down on a bench and started munchin on my apple but I couldn't shake the feeling off that I was beeing watched. I turned around and saw Tanaka and Nishinoya standing in the line of the shop, glancing at me and I waved them over to me. They came and I spoke.

"Why were you guys watching me?"

I asked Tanaka and Nishinoya who were now sitting infront of me.

"Well, we were wondering..."

"Why you and Kageyama are different but still the same. Like you are both good at volleyball but in a different way."

"Oh, well... You see, nii-san and I are really alike. As people like to say, we are 'blessed twins'."

"Bleesed twins?"

"Yeah, as kids nii-san was really into volleyball and he still is. He could could learn everything in a really short period of time. Me on the other hand never really bothered to learn anything but I did even if I didn't, let's say, want to. Have you ever heard of a photographic mind?"

"Yes, the one that only needs to see something and saves it in it's mind, weither they like it or not?" Tanaka answered and Noya nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. That is what I have. I was a lazy child. I never bothered to go out with him to practice. I only came to his games and from there I got my knowlege about volleyball.
Rules, formations, moves, trick. Everything I saw is still here." I said tapping my head.

"I am not so stiff about anything like him. And I think I can pull our face better of. He always looks mad even when he isn't. I can still look normal, right?" Then looked at me in amazement and a blush. They nodded and I gave them a closed eyes smile.

"Here. Have one." I offered them Onigiris and they took one.

"Thank you Mae-chan!" They then dug in. I also ate mine in peace next to them. Still,I wonder why they really stared at me.

Third person's POV

Little did she know the two were not staring to ask that question.

A few moments earlier

The two Karasuno students went over to a little store next to the gym to buy their lunch when they spotted their beloved Mae-chan.

They stared at her for a bit befor Tanaka snapped back into reality.

He looked over to his friends face and smirked at what he saw.

Noya snapped back too and looked at Tanaka who was still smirking.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just the way you look at her, it's different."

"What do you mean, different?"

"Nothing." He smiled at the now slightly angered libero.

"How different? Oi, Ryu! Answer me!" But Tanaka only shook his head.

He hasn't even noticed it himself.