Locating the Tesseract

We arrived at the Helicarrier and Uncle Tony was speaking to Phil. Phil is my Captain America buddy. I walked into the main room, or what I thought was the main room, my jaw nearly dropped. People were walking around doing their work. There was a large window that if I would stand there to long I'd get sick. "Taylor?" asked a familiar face.
"Fury!" I said hugging him. He was friends with my father before he died.
"It's great to see you kid" he said.
"It's good to see you too" I said smiling. He gestured for me to take a seat so I sat beside Captain America literally screaming on the inside.
"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.
"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract" Thor said.
"An army? From outer space?" Me and Steve asked.
"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for" Bruce Banner said. I read all the files on these guys. I helped Uncle Tony with his homework.
"Selvig?" Thor asked almost sounding concerned.
"He's an astrophysicist" Bruce said.
"He's a friend" Thor said back. That explains it.
"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours" Natasha said.
"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve said.
"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" Bruce said.
"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother" Thor said.
"He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha said.
"He's adopted" Thor said making me almost laugh.
"Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asked.
"It's a stabilizing agent" my Uncle says walking in with Coulson, "Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD" he turns to Thor, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing" then he goes back to the subject about the Iridium. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants."
Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did" He said covering his eye, and looks around, "How does Fury do this?"
"He turns" Maria Hill said as Tony looks around the monitors.
"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube" he said.
"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asked.
"Last night with the help of Taylor. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I and Tay the only ones who did the reading?" Tony asked.
"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.
"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier" Bruce said.
"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect" I said.
"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet" Bruce said.
"Finally, someone who speaks English" Uncle Tony said.
"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked as Tony and Banner shake hands. A glimmer in their eyes shines as the mutual respect for each other shows.
"That's exactly what happened" I said smiling.
"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" Uncle Tony said as I slapped his arm.
"Thanks" Bruce said looking down.
"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him" Fury said.
"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon" Steve said.
"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys" Nick said.
"Monkeys? I do not understand" Thor said.
"I do! I understood that reference" Steve calls out Tony rolls his eyes, while Cap looks proud of himself. I slap Tony again and smile at Steve.
Banner continuously scans with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation.,Tony looks at his monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.
"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process" Bruce said as I stood up and walked over to see Tony's work. I helped him solve one. He looked impressed.
"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops" Tony said.
"All I packed was a tooth brush" Bruce said making me smile. I took out my contacts and put on my glasses.
"You know, you should come by Stark Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land" Uncle Tony said.
"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem" Bruce said.
"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises" Uncle Tony said. Suddenly, Tony pokes Banner with a MINIATURE ELECTRICAL PROD.
"OW!" Bruce said Tony looks at Banner closely.
"Nothing?" Tony asked.
"Hey! Are you nuts?" said a voice that startled me. I turned to see Steve.
You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Uncle Tony asked making me roll my eyes.
"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked as I pushed up my glasses.
"Funny things are" Uncle Tony said.
"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, doctor" Steve said, I have to admit, I agree with the captain.
"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things" Bruce said.
"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut" Uncle Tony said.
"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark" Steve hissed.
"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables" Uncle Tony said.
"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked standing beside me.
"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets" Uncle Tony said then points to Banner, "It's bugging him too, isn't it?"
"Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..." Bruce said.
"Doctor?" Steve asked.
"A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube" Bruce said.
"I heard it" Steve said. Bruce pointed at Uncle Tony.
"Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news" Bruce said.
"The Stark Tower? That big ugly-" Steve starts saying as Uncle Tony gives him a look and I let out a small snicker, "-building in New York?"
"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce said.
"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now"  Tony said.
"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce said.
"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files" Uncle Tony said I nearly dropped my pencil.
"Wait what?" I asked staring at my Uncle as Steve said something the same time I did.
"I'm sorry, did you say...." Steve said but was cut off by my Uncle.
"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide" Uncle Tony said as he holds out a bag of blueberries, "Blueberry?"
"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve said ignoring my Uncles offer. Uncle Tony held the bag out to me and I have him a glare. Does he not know I'm allergic?
"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not possible" Uncle Tony said.
"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them" Steve said, I nodded in agreement earning a glare from my Uncle.
"Following is not really my style" Uncle Tony said making me roll my eyes.
"And you're all about style, aren't you?" Steve asked smiling.
"Of the people in this room, which one is; A. wearing a spangly outfit, and B. not of use?" Uncle Tony asked as I shifted in my seat. Did he just make fun of my favorite superhero?
"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Bruce asked.
"Just find the cube" Steve said as he walks out of the lab. I got off my seat and walked towards him.
"Where are you going?" Uncle Tony asked rudely.
"I'm gonna go talk to Spangles" I said leaving the lab and saw Steve head down the corridor. I followed after him as quickly as I could.