Waking Up

Taylor's P.O.V
I slowly opened my eyes to see my Uncle Tony. He looked at me and smiled widely. "Hey princess glad to see you're awake" he said as he stood up and walked to my side of the bed.
"Where's everyone?" I asked. We were in Stark Towers.
"Well while you were sleeping Thor had to take Loki back to Asgard" he said moving hair from my face.
"Oh" I said as he bent down and kissed my forehead.
"Before Loki and Thor left Loki did one of his little spells to help with the healing" Uncle Tony said.
"I told him thanks at the party" I said messing with the blanket.
"You're suppose to stay in bed for 2 weeks. Soon you start school" He said.
"Oh no" I said worriedly.
"You'll survive. I know you'll make friends" he said.
"How will I be able to do school and be a SHIELD agent?" I asked.
"We'll find a way!" Uncle Tony said, "but for now get some rest."

I stood there with my father in front of Stark Towers. My uncle is Tony Stark. Dad had to go to war tomorrow morning and he couldn't leave me alone at the house. My mom was in a car accident 3 years ago. I stared at the tall building that had the words STARK lit up in big letters. My dad is Tony's younger brother. Tony has only met me once or twice because he doesn't have time. Back when my mom died Tony tried to squeeze his way back in. Now I have to live with the billionaire.
"Now be a good little girl for Uncle Tony. Okay?" My dad said bending down to my height. I'll be 12 soon, I'm not little. A women with ginger hair exited the building with a friendly smile.
"Hi! I'm Pepper" she said shaking my dad's hand. Let me guess... Tony's girlfriend.
"Do me a favor and be good for Tony and Mrs Pepper" my dad said giving me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I'll see you in a year."
"Okay" I said fighting back tears that threatened to spill.
"Bye pumpkin" he said giving me one last hug before he left, leaving me with Mrs Potts.
"Follow me Taylor" Pepper said as I followed her inside to my new life.

"MOM!" I yelled running down the corridor at the hospital until I found her room. She laid on the bed pale and weak, "momma?"
"Hi sweetie" she said weakly turning toward me. My dad rushed down the hall and stopped when he found us, "hi Honey."
"What did I say about drinking while driving" dad said in a serious tone.
"You reminded your brother not to do it multiple times yet he still did and nothing ever happened to him" she said.
"I remind him because he acts like a child" Dad said sitting down on the chair beside mom.
"Take care of Tay for me. Raise her to be an amazing girl. Don't let her be selfish like her Uncle and don't let her be Self Obsessed. Be good to her" Mom said as she coughed.
"Claire, I will do everything in my power to protect my baby girl from harm and you know that" dad said as he put an hand on my shoulder, "she'll turn out smart like me and beautiful like you. She'll have your bravery."
"Taylor. Come close" Mom said as I moved closer, "practice your powers when you can. Don't let anyone know except family. I wanted you to have a normal life but I now know that won't happen. Sweet heart I want you to know that one day you'll be part of a team. An amazing team that protects the world. You'll have your ups and downs but you'll meet many people along the way. Some like you. Be the brave little girl I know you are. Never give up. Keep going." Her eyes slowly closed and her breathing slowed down.
"MOMMA!" I screamed loudly, "no! No!" Dad quickly picked me up and held me close. She was gone forever. Nothing I could do about it. She was gone.

Me and Pepper rode up the elevator in silent. When the doors opened my Uncle was there to greet me. "TAYLOR!!!" Tony cheered pulling me into a bear hug. He acts like he's been the perfect Uncle.
"Hi Uncle Tony" I said quietly.
"JARVIS please show Tay to her room" said Tony smiling.
"As you wish sir" said a robotic British voice.
"What was that?" I asked looking around to see where the voice came from.
"That's JARVIS Tony's A.I system" said Pepper as Tony pointed at a hallway and I walked down following JARVIS's robotic voice.
"Your room should be on the left Mrs" JARVIS said.
"Thank you uh JARVIS" I said opening the door. Light shined in my face as I opened the door. A large window that had a view of the city shined in my face as I entered the room and closed the door. The room was navy blue with a bed with white covers and pillows. There was a desk with a laptop on it. There was also a bathroom in the room that was attached to my room. There was a large book case in the room. Uncle Tony knew I liked reading? I put my things on the floor and started to unpack. This was my new life.