Chapter Four.

Kharter

May 22, 2007

"Don't be nervous, ight? You got me."

I smiled at him and we started walking to the house where the party was at. We walked in the party and I immediately caught the smell of weed.

"Wassup Myles? Glad you could make it," Demetrius said as he dapped him up.

He turned towards me and looked me up and down with lust.

"What's your name shawty?"

"Uhm, Kharter," I managed to stammer out. He was making me so uncomfortable, looking at me like I was piece of meat.

"Don't be shy, ma. I ain't gon' bite unless you want me to," he said as he licked his lips. I aint gone lie, he was cute. He's just not my type.

"Chill with all that man, Kharter ain't like that," Myles reassured him.

Demetrius took one more glance at me.

"Yall have fun now, I'll be seeing you later," he said as he smirked at me.

He walked off and Myles looked at me.

"I'm finna get me something to drink, you want something?"

"Yeah, I'll take a water please."

He walked off somewhere and I stayed on the wall, just nodding my head to the music. Five minutes passed by and Myles was nowhere to be found. After what seemed like forever, I decided to head towards the kitchen myself. I walked in and seen Myles tounging some girl down. I rolled my eyes and decided to get me some alcohol instead of water. Maybe I just need to loosen up. Myles having fun, why can't I? I walked to back where I was before and stood on the wall.

"Wassup ma," I turned and it was Demetrius once again.

"Hey," I said sheepishly as I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Why you standing over here by yourself?"

"Myles seems a little caught up with someone."

"Yeah, I saw ol' boy tounging some girl down.

"Yeah, I'm just ready to go honestly."

"I can take you home, I promise you I'm still sober."

"Uhm, I don't think-

"Come on Kharter, you can trust me."

Present Day

"Kharter? Is that you girl?"

I turned head and was greeted by my cousin, Leia.

"Oh my god, Leia!"

I ran towards her and we pulled each other in for a tight hug.

"Oh my god, it's been ages!"

"I know girl, we have so much to catch up."

"Bae, you want me to bring your purse in?"

I turned my head and seen some mysterious guy.

"Uhm, Leia. Who is that?"

He walked towards us and he was handsome.

"Oh Kharter, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Khalil."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Leia has told me so much about you," he said as he shook my hand.

"You too," I said as I shook his hand back.

"Well, I'll leave you two ladies to yourselves. See you when you come in," he said before he kissed her forehead and walked inside.