Chapter Eighteen.

Kharter

"It seems that he has fallen into a coma, we don't really have a specific time on when he'll wake up." the doctor informed us.

"Well, can we see him?" Ms.Aretha asked.

"Yes, but we only allow one or two people in ICU."

"Thank you doctor," Myles' father sighed as he dismissed him.

The doctor walked away and Myles' mother cried in her husband's arms.

Guilt overcame my heart as I thought of today's events. Myles and I didn't exactly leave on a good note.

"Aretha and I will go visit him first. Kharter, can you watch Kyla please?"

I nodded my head yes and walked over to Kyla who seemed so engrossed in her iPad to know what's going on.

"Hey Kyla," I said as I sat down beside her.

She mumbled a hey and continued to play on her iPad.

"You good Kyla?"

She shook her head no and I saw a tear drop from her eye. I slowly took the iPad out her hand and pulled her into a hug.

"I don't want my daddy to die," she cried as I hugged her.

"Your daddy is strong, he'll make it through this," I reassured her as I kissed her forehead. I continued to rock her small body as my shirt slowly got wet with her tears.

Myles

I heard the beeping of the hospital machines as I laid in this hospital bed. My body was sore, my throat was dry, I just wanted to go home. All I remember is trying to get into a turning lane and my car getting hit, causing me to lose control of it. Is Kyla okay? I don't want her to see me like this. I heard some distinct voices and recognized it to be my parents.

"I can't stand to see my child like this," my mom cried.

"Aretha, it's hard for both for us. We got to stay strong for him and Kyla, sweetheart."

I felt my arm being touched and I knew it was my mother's, just by the soft and warm touch.

"I love you Myles," she whispered as she kissed my forehead.

At that moment, I just wanted to pull my mother into the biggest hug and telling her everything's gonna be alright.

"I just hopes he wakes up soon," my father whispered.

"Me too."

I heard their footsteps and the door closing. After a couple of minutes, I hear the door open once again. It just sounded like one person this time. Whoever who was started to softly rub their hands on my head and was sniffing like they were crying. After they stopped rubbing my head, I heard them pull a chair closer to the bed.

"Dear God, I know I haven't came to you in a while," the voice started to say. I recognized the voice to be Kharter's.

"I guess I thought I could handle everything by myself, when actuality I can't," she softly chuckled.

"God, I ask that you heal Myles right now. Heal him from his current predicament. Doctors may say one thing, but we all know that you have the final say. Please God, don't it just for me. Do it for his parents and Kyla. Amen," she ended the prayer.

"It may not be much, but at least it's something," she mumbled to herself.

Her voice sounded soothing as she simply talked to me. Even though I couldn't respond, it still felt great to have someone just talk to me. After what seemed like 30 minutes or so, I heard the chair moving.

"Well, I think I should get going. I'll be back tomorrow," she whispered as she kissed my cheek.

I heard her footsteps leave the room and my heart dropped. I was by myself, leaving me to my thoughts.

Kharter

November 26, 2015

It's Thanksgiving Day and Myles is still in the hospital. No one has heard from Dominique either. When we went back to the hospital she was staying in, she was no longer there. I just sat in the dining room, playing with my food as my family members were scattered around.

"Kharter?"

I turned my head to see my cousin Leia standing in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Leia," I mumbled.

"I heard about Myles. I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's good. It just didn't feel right with him being in that hospital bed, you know?"

"Yeah, where's Dominique?"

"Who knows? No one had heard from her."

"I'm not surprised."

"Aye don't talk about Nique like that now, she's actually having a baby."

"A baby? You think Myles is the daddy?"

"Maybe, Myles told me about how he felt Dominique was cheating on him and all."

"Hmm wow," Leia continued, "Well at least come out this dining room and enjoy some time with your family. It's not like we have the time to come together like this."

"You right, I'm coming," I reassured her with a smile.

She patted my back as she rose up from her seat and walked back into the living room. I finished my food and walked into the kitchen to throw it away. After I left the kitchen, I walked in the living room to join the rest of my family.

Myles

Here I laid in this hospital bed as time went by. My parents came and visited me this morning to wish me Happy Thanksgiving. Oh, how I would love to taste my mother's dressing and turkey. My body tells me to stay down, but my mind keeps telling me you got to get up. Maybe if I can at least open my eyes and see what's around me, then I'll be good.

Just open your eyes Myles, just open them.

My eyes opened and I looked around the hospital room. A nurse came in and my eyes landed on her.

"You're making progress and that's definitely a good sign," she smiled at me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"One step at a time, Mr.Anderson," she told me as she checked everything to see if I was still good enough.

"Well, maybe we can move you from ICU now, since you're finally woke up and all," she smiled at me.

Okay, Myles is/ was in a coma but he could still hear what's going on around him . (The italics is him, just in case of any confusion.)

Kharter in MM.