Chapter Twenty-Five.

Kharter

"You barely touched your food," Demetrius stated as he ate a piece of steak.

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled, knowing good and well I haven't ate since this morning.

"Kharter, why you have to so difficult?"

"Difficult?"

"Yes, difficult. Just accept the fact that you're staying here with me and nothing you can do about it."

"Demetrius, I trusted you that night. You took away the most precious thing from me! I'm not going to accept the fact of being stuck here with my rapist!"

"Rape? Man, miss me with that. Ain't nobody raped you, you was asking for it."

"Ask for it? How does someone ask to be raped?"

"From the clothes you wore and the way you was eyeballing me at the party, you think I didn't notice?"

"It does not matter what a girl is wearing, she is not asking to be raped. Why do you believe that someone wants to have intercourse just by the clothes they wear?"

"Advertisement, ma. It's all by the way you advertise yourself," he mumbled as he continued to eat his steak.

"Why can't you just take me home? There's plenty of girls who will love you for the way you are Demetrius. You can't just kidnap me and-"

"SHUT UP!" He slammed his fork and knife down and stared at me with his piercing eyes. I walked over to Demetrius and kneeled beside him. I took his hands into mine and softly rubbed his hands.

"Demetrius, look at me," he looked at me with sadness in those piercing hazel eyes.

"Kharter, I just love you so much. I don't want anyone else to have you, but I just don't know how to express it," he mumbled.

"Demetrius, do you really want to make me happy?"

He nodded his head with his head still down. I never seen Demetrius so vulnerable. I pulled his body closer to mine and kissed his forehead.

"Then take me home," I whispered in his ear. I rubbed the side of his face as a tear fell down.

He looked back up at me and was about to respond until we heard the doorbell ring. He jumped out of his seat, wiped his eyes, and opened the door.

"Man, you're not going to believe this," the visitor stated. I looked around the corner and saw the visitor pacing the room.

"Wassup? What happened?" Demetrius asked the visitor again as they sat down on rhe couch.

"It's complicated, all I know is Keisha in the hospital right now."

"Keisha? As in baby momma Keisha?"

"Yes, Keisha."

"Why is she in the hospital? What happened to her?"

"Dominique pushed her and she hit her head on the stairs."

I froze in my spot near the corner, still eaves dropping on their conversation. He couldn't be talking about my cousin Dominique, could he?

"Dominique? Who is that?"

"That's complicated too."

"Nigga, what you mean complicated?"

"She's pregnant and we don't know who the father is. She's been staying with me for a little bit, since there's a possibility that the baby might be mines."